PDA

View Full Version : meed electrical help a.s.a.p.

quadman22
03-20-2004, 01:18 PM
alright heres the deal... i shut my quad off today thinking nothing of it. when i go to start it again i turn the key and the neutral light comes on like usual. when i hit the start button nothing happens and all the power goes out, 30 seconds later the neutral light comes back on. so i start it again and again everything dies. 30 seconds later the neutral light comes back on, it keep going on like this. i ended up push starting it. is my battery dieing or something? also everything i try to start it i hear a small click form like the battery i think. i just need any idea of what might be happening:confused:

WEEZIL
03-20-2004, 01:49 PM
try charging your battery!

WEEZIL
03-20-2004, 01:51 PM
wait.. scratch that!. Check the connections from the battery to the starter.. and all your grounds and stuff. That is most likely the case

Fitzy
03-20-2004, 02:44 PM
if there is a clicking coming from the battery when you try to start it, then your battery is dead... try charging it on a 12 volt setting for an hour - 2 hours.

ReconRider25
03-20-2004, 06:54 PM
you guys always go to charging the battery. FIRST you should check the fuses and all the connections, THEN chargwe the battery. itll save you the time of taking the battery on and off if it didnt even need to be charged.;)

quadman22
03-20-2004, 07:00 PM
first thing i did was check fuses and connections... that wasn't it so now im charging the battery

toby400ex
03-20-2004, 07:30 PM
If it was the fuzes you wouldnt be getting any power at all. So clean the batter terminals.

Fitzy
03-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
you guys always go to charging the battery. FIRST you should check the fuses and all the connections, THEN chargwe the battery. itll save you the time of taking the battery on and off if it didnt even need to be charged.;)

if it was the fuses or a bad connection, the battery wouldn't make a clicking noise when he tries to start it. there would be no power at all

big-guy
03-21-2004, 09:46 AM
a bad connection will let enough current flow to click the solenoid, but once the starter tries to draw, the whole show shuts down.
if you check the voltage from one end of the wire to the other and get anything other than zero, you know where the bad connection is.
also, the alternator will draw some current with the key off, so if you plan to store the quad for a while, a battery minder may be a good idea, or disconnect it.