03-20-2004, 09:36 AM
who won,who lost lets hear it:D

komatsu kid
03-20-2004, 09:48 AM
the am class is still racing

motmike8485
03-20-2004, 03:22 PM
ballance 1st, smiley 2nd, duvall 3rd
that's all i know now, other than yokley got caught up in a bottleneck on a hill

HONDA#20
03-20-2004, 03:54 PM
does anyone know who won class open b or sport class today?

400exmom
03-20-2004, 05:41 PM
how bout womens class?

cheetah
03-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
how bout womens class?

Stephanie won with Traci in 2nd. That's overall as well.

Dunlap
03-20-2004, 06:33 PM
FST riders; Jeremy Benson 1st sport class
Shane Benson 1st open B
Chad Wallace 3rd junior
Mike Benson 3rd open A
Bryan Cook 10th Pro, was running 3rd and the clutch went away on the 2nd lap.:mad:

Mike said it was Bill B, Yokley, Duvall but he could be wrong.

countypark
03-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Mickey,

Your guy Jeremy is kicking butt. Good Job. What happened to Dave M.

Dunlap
03-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Jeremy got stuck and was back in 3rd on the last lap but past dave in the fields. He said he would have gotten him alot sooner if he would of had his 345cc motor.

countypark
03-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Can't wait to see if I can pull another holeshot on Jeremy.

See you at Loretta's

Admin
03-20-2004, 09:05 PM
What an incredible race!!!

The weather was perfect, but the track was fast and extremely rough.

There were several lead changes in the Afternoon race, but Bill Ballance picked the perfect lines again, and was able to stay out front when it counted. Matt Smiley rode awesome and stayed with Bill most of the race for 2nd. Chad Duvall took advantage of a bottleneck and moved up to an impressive 3rd. Chris Borich was leading early but got hung up on a grape vine and "Big Surpise" his YFZ battery was dead after a couple of laps :(

Jeremy Rice switched to a 450R this week and Won the Pro AM Class :D Also, Brad Paige was on the Honda and said that he loved it. Andy Lagzdins also made the switch to the Honda and actually finished a race, and he was extremely happy after the race.

Morning race was crazy with 35 in the stock classs. The women and super seniors started on seperate rows. Stephanie Won and Traci took 2nd Overall. My Neighborhood Friend, Mark Rhodes finished and incredible third Overall and didn't even go to the Podium because he never fault he did that well. Great Job Mark :) I had my best race yet after Elka hand dealered some new front springs to the Track for me to try. GT thunder & Quadshop Gang installled them for me on the Front. Santo Derisi came to my rescue Friday Night by helping me dial in my rear factory shock, which worked awesome with the Elka Front shocks. I finished 6th overall after my worst start yet in years. I was extremely pleased with the Z, but I may be replacing it with my TRX in SC. Time will tell.

Pappy, Fred, and Fred Mudd helped again with pictures and I will starting putting them up tomorrow night!

CBRSLIDER
03-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Results are up over at the gncc site.

Congrats on the great finish Harlen!!!! :o

Ray

spincr4hire
03-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Rico got 4th in C 25-32, way ta go dawg....:cool:

The track was bottleneck central:rolleyes:

Chino
03-20-2004, 10:48 PM
spincters right, that bottleneck was crazy, people were backed up everywhere. Very fun and fast track, but technical as well.

brian-250
03-21-2004, 06:48 AM
well waynes doin good,for having an ATC 250r moter in his frame there,his other motor broke a crakshaft and we couldent get it ready in time so we just dropped ol faithful in it, plus he cracked the frame to but that was an easy fix:cool: out of the three races he ran last year he only finshed to:rolleyes: o well

2004 GNCC Series ATV a.m.
2 St C - Class Points RND 1 RND 2 RND 3 RND 4
Place Make Nbr Name Finish Finish Finish Finish Total Points
1 HON 169 Mike Findley 2 2 3 56
2 HON 565 Wayne Tharp 5 6 11 7 55
3 HON 985 Paul Gilbertson 3 4 4 52
4 GAS 422 Wyatt Westmoreland 1 2 39
5 GAS 316 Bruce Renner 5 3 34
6 HON 681 Darren Konzelman 9 9 12 33
7 HON 733 Douglas Wilberg 1 8 33
8 HON 336 Matthew Copley 7 5 30
9 HON 247 Christopher Pettit 8 5 DNF 29
10 HON 994 Chad Lucarello 4 12 26
11 HON 576 Alvin Schockling 8 9 25
12 HON 924 Billy Hupp 1 20
13 HON 487 Brad Surett 1 20
14 HON 518 Michael Stephens 2 19
15 HON 787 William Destefano 3 18
16 HON 717 Christopher Burrows 4 17
17 HON 426 Lee Prince 6 15
18 HON 561 Scott Silverester 6 15
19 GAS 553 Steve Renner 6 15
20 HON 560 Ronald Rusch 7 14
21 HON 169 Mike Findley 7 14
22 HON 781 Blake Kramer 10 11
23 HON 976 Jeff Tuttle 10 11
24 YAM 332 Cowart Parsons 10 11
25 YAM 434 Joshua Mace 11 10

03-21-2004, 08:53 AM
I finished 4th outa 55 racers in my class and 55th overall outa 301 total riders for the morning class...:D

As mentined befor there were a LOT of bottlenecks. I got stuck in one every lap on one of the hill climbs. I guess them boys thought their momma's were gonna come out and help them up the hills. I started droppin the hammer and makin my own lines up the hills and usually passed several riders each time doing this.
I clipped a tree with 2 miles left in the race and went over the bars. I bent something on the front end cuz my handlebars are crooked when the tires are pointing straight.:o I new I was in the top 10 but didn't think I was up to 4th..:D I'm very happy with that finish being that we were the largest class of the day I think..:cool:

I also moved up to 6th place in points... Wooo Hoooo

Bill Fuller
03-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Rico:muscle: like King Kong

countypark
03-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Way to go Harlen, sounds like your getting that Z dialed in. Are you sure you want to start kicking the R.

Sounds like Team County Park is going to have an R in its stables. If Al (AJR400EX)can make up his mind. The PRO AM win might convince him.

Motoman440
03-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I finished 4th outa 55 racers in my class and 55th overall outa 301 total riders for the morning class...:D

As mentined befor there were a LOT of bottlenecks. I got stuck in one every lap on one of the hill climbs. I guess them boys thought their momma's were gonna come out and help them up the hills. I started droppin the hammer and makin my own lines up the hills and usually passed several riders each time doing this.
I clipped a tree with 2 miles left in the race and went over the bars. I bent something on the front end cuz my handlebars are crooked when the tires are pointing straight.:o I new I was in the top 10 but didn't think I was up to 4th..:D I'm very happy with that finish being that we were the largest class of the day I think..:cool:

Nice job there big guy!!!;) I wish I could get out of the house and come to one of these races.:(

bigboy03
03-21-2004, 10:04 AM

Great Job Rico!!! Good to see the Kentucky Boys moving up.:macho

SGA
03-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Congrats Rico and everyone else!

Quad Racer 600
03-21-2004, 11:38 AM
I got 7th in 4-stk 16-24 out of 60 riders. My rear breaks gave out about 5-10 minutes into the race and it took me a bit to adjust to riding witout them. I had a terrible spot on the line because the tech inspect guy decided to pull my disconnected kill switch and i was late getting to the line cuz my pit crew and I were rushing to install a new killswitch :eek: :grr: but overall i had a great time.

popo
03-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Congrats to those that finished.

I was having fun until my z started to have electrical problems and just quit.

z400ACDC
03-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Tuff luck Popo!
Look on the good side, things can only get better:)

Taco
03-21-2004, 12:42 PM
I'd like to give a thanks to Coorsinmycback for giving me my after race refreshments and for the entertainment:D

popo
03-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
Tuff luck Popo!
Look on the good side, things can only get better:)

Thanks,

But after some electrical tests completed. It's my own dahm fault.

Thinking I had my quad all water-proofed and race prepped. I pull two main connectors up front, and half of Florida's sand and water came out of the connections.

You would think die-electric greese would aid in keeping the connections good. I know donut greese is water proof.

I deserve the jack-*** award this race.

gncc571
03-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Taco
I'd like to give a thanks to Coorsinmycback for giving me my after race refreshments and for the entertainment:D
I would like to thank him for the help with my rear master cylinder
But not for the pit board that he gave me,it was to white and had a crack in it:huh

crayfz
03-21-2004, 04:11 PM
I won the Sr. +40 class.

coorsinmyc-bak
03-21-2004, 05:25 PM
one crack ment you only had one lap to go.gncc571 seem to have looked over the rear master cylinder bolts,and almost lost it.nice come back cale.taco and i witnessed the new yfz 3 wheeler in the pm race,but its gonna need a lil more r&d to be competetive.the team appears to put the single wheel on the rear instead of the front.nice save nate.

400exmom
03-21-2004, 05:54 PM
dayum rico awesome finish!!:) good job everyone!

SGA
03-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Quad Racer 600
I had a terrible spot on the line because the tech inspect guy decided to pull my disconnected kill switch and i was late getting to the line cuz my pit crew and I were rushing to install a new killswitch :eek: :grr: but overall i had a great time.
I take it you mean a teather kill switch.
You were going to race without a working kill switch? What if your quad had gotten away from you, and was heading towards people?
If that is the case, im glad he caught you breaking the rules.
If I have this wrong, my apologies.

Wingnut
03-21-2004, 06:21 PM
SGA, you'd be surprised how many people don't use the teather. I got busted too, I forgot to reconnect it after disconnecting it during the race in GA.

Does anyone know of a teather kill that's sealed? Mine has a lot of dirt in it and only works half the time when it's connected.

SGA
03-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Maybe I sounded a bit harsh, Im sorry, just one of those days.
I am however, all for working safety equipment.

Chino
03-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Popo, did you happen to give one of ur fuses to my buddy on a Silver z, he said he kept blowing fuses, and some guy on a Tricked out Chromed Z gave him his extray one??? if so, he ended up blowing it as well, and only got that 1/2 lap in hope he figures out why it keeps blowing fuses...

CatMostFeared
03-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by crayfz
I won the Sr. +40 class.

crafz great job.I hope when I'm in the Sr. class I'll do just as good.

countypark
03-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Way to go Dave. You are tearing them up..

Tom

03-21-2004, 08:32 PM
taco and i witnessed the new yfz 3 wheeler in the pm race,but its gonna need a lil more r&d to be competetive.the team appears to put the single wheel on the rear instead of the front.nice save nate.

I have just been working on some ways to save some unsprung weight. I though just remove a tire wheels and part of the axle was the eaiest way. I am just happy it broke right in front of the pits so you could see it. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE STORIES

Taco
03-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
I have just been working on some ways to save some unsprung weight. I though just remove a tire wheels and part of the axle was the eaiest way. I am just happy it broke right in front of the pits so you could see it. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE STORIES Well at least were spending all this money on something:D

popo
03-22-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Chino
Popo, did you happen to give one of ur fuses to my buddy on a Silver z, he said he kept blowing fuses, and some guy on a Tricked out Chromed Z gave him his extray one??? if so, he ended up blowing it as well, and only got that 1/2 lap in hope he figures out why it keeps blowing fuses...

Yup that was me. Have him trace all ground wires leading to his kill switch. Something is touching bare metal pooping the fuse.

Also have him check under the seat area, to see if any wires are getting pinched off by the seat etc.

batgeek
03-22-2004, 05:57 AM
great seeing everyone again!!

nice to meet ya Chino :)

sorry i missed meeting some of you folks(hope i didn't scare ya on yer 2nd lap Spencer:blah: Bradley dun be skeert of the H2O!:D i think i skeered Harlan in the woods hehe)

my head is sunburnt, and the heat and beer got to me so i had to go home :(

congrats to everyone that ran Saturday. Rico, yer always welcome in the AtvNC pits ;)

Braff1
03-22-2004, 06:15 AM
Got the hole shot in the 4 stroke C 33+ only to finish 22 in my class with 170th overall. Getting hung up on the hill climbs after someone freezes cuz the bike got a little squirrley going up. Having to turn around is a ******. The 3 rd lap I shot to the side only to run into a tree on the way up, again had to come down and try again. Overall I was happy with my running minus the mishap on the same hill.

spincr4hire
03-22-2004, 07:14 AM
[i]sorry i missed meeting some of you folks(hope i didn't scare ya on yer 2nd lap Spencer:blah: Bradley dun be skeert of the H2O!:D i think i skeered Harlan in the woods hehe) [/B]

sorry I missed ya Bat!

Pappy
03-22-2004, 07:33 AM
i was proud of Rico:)

he sat patiently drinking water while i guzzled beer:devil: Thanks batgeek and rico for the brews:macho

batgeek
03-22-2004, 07:45 AM
no prob :) my cooler is always open.

i know! i could not believe he only had a couple Friday!

Pappy
03-22-2004, 07:47 AM
when he turned down free beer(wipes tear) i couldnt believe it. Rico has turned a leaf and is now a racer :devil:

SGA
03-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
no prob :) my cooler is always open.

i know! i could not believe he only had a couple Friday!
Yeah, Rico only had a couple at the GA race, and just 17 cuss words all day. He also got wood at his last two races.
It this the "NEW AND IMPROVED" Rico?:)

batgeek
03-22-2004, 08:03 AM
the kinder and gentler Rico :)

no *** kikkins this weekend ;)

cdalejef
03-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Yeah, Rico only had a couple at the GA race, and just 17 cuss words all day. He also got wood at his last two races.
It this the "NEW AND IMPROVED" Rico?:) Thats my boy! :D

03-22-2004, 08:27 AM
As I mentioned to someone Friday night. I don't know what is a tougher challenge. Drinking only ONE beer the night before a race or running the race itself.:huh It's tough but I thank myself a thousand times over during the race for not drinking a lot the day or night before. After the race is a whole nother story...:o

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. This weekend was only my 9th XC race that I"ve ever ran so I still have a lot to learn..:D I am having a ton of fun though..

03-22-2004, 08:30 AM
What happened to GNCCer???

And it was also good to hang with the ATVNC group. Thanks for the gas and beer guys.

Zoomer,,,,are your eye's workin ok after the gasoline bath??:eek:

Taco
03-22-2004, 08:32 AM
What happened to GNCCer???

And it was also good to hang with the ATVNC group. Thanks for the gas and beer guys.

Zoomer,,,,are your eye's workin ok after the gasoline bath??:eek: GNCCer's axle broke right in front of where he was pitting. Snapped right at the hub. At least he didn't have to get towed back:devil:

lshonda310
03-22-2004, 08:36 AM
well I did drink too much the day before and got dehydrated during the race, but still managed to do well, we all had to drink to help put Jean's bike back together on Friday at the track, it was all screwed up with the flywheel key sheared off and the cam was out of time, she ended up finishing 7th on it!!

then Jonnie Johnson wrecked off the start in the 265A class and broke his shoulder in four places, he had to go home to his doctor and get in pinned, he already has pins and a plate in his right hand from another wreck:( they really had him drugged up when he got back to the track from the hospital

03-22-2004, 08:44 AM
I have one of them new SMART quads. it can sense when i am getting tired and it breaks down. keeps me form having to come up with good excuses why I get my but kicked every weekend.

coorsinmyc-bak
03-22-2004, 08:13 PM
drink the night before and then im less aggressive,usually makes for a better race at the end.if i get to the line sober,then i get arm pump about 1 mile in.GOD BLESS COORS LIGHT!

79400ex
03-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Quad Racer 600
I got 7th in 4-stk 16-24 out of 60 riders. My rear breaks gave out about 5-10 minutes into the race and it took me a bit to adjust to riding witout them. I had a terrible spot on the line because the tech inspect guy decided to pull my disconnected kill switch and i was late getting to the line cuz my pit crew and I were rushing to install a new killswitch :eek: :grr: but overall i had a great time.
To everyone that needed run aworking kill switch try this: Put in two male and felmale elctrical end so you can discontent it after tech if you are fraid of it shorting out. Also , why do atvs need akillswitch and bikes don't.

batgeek
03-22-2004, 08:56 PM
bike fall down, go boom.

quad don't fall down, go boom boom boom boom boom boom tree.

lshonda310
03-23-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by 79400ex
To everyone that needed run aworking kill switch try this: Put in two male and felmale elctrical end so you can discontent it after tech if you are fraid of it shorting out. Also , why do atvs need akillswitch and bikes don't.

a tether switch is mainly for the safety of others- what if you flipped your quad in the first turn and it landed on all fours with the throttle stuck wide open? It would probably go straight into a bunch of people. So I think that the rule should be enforced (even though it is a pain for xc) what is the use of hooking it up for tech and then turn around and unhook it? to do it right you need to heat shrink everything and then put silicone on the ends to keep water out. It is not a new rule, just one that has been overlooked until someone gets hurt.

popo
03-23-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by lshonda310
a tether switch is mainly for the safety of others- what if you flipped your quad in the first turn and it landed on all fours with the throttle stuck wide open? It would probably go straight into a bunch of people. So I think that the rule should be enforced (even though it is a pain for xc) what is the use of hooking it up for tech and then turn around and unhook it? to do it right you need to heat shrink everything and then put silicone on the ends to keep water out. It is not a new rule, just one that has been overlooked until someone gets hurt.

O your still grumpy from Raush Creek when a Canondale ran your gay gay over. :D

SGA
03-23-2004, 06:07 AM
lshonda310,
I agree and am glad to see RP checking for working kill switches.

lshonda310
03-23-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by popo
O your still grumpy from Raush Creek when a Canondale ran your gay gay over. :D

ya, but Tyson knew how to hang on and not pull his tether:o and the gay gay still is sore over that:eek: but I got over it, when I realized that I should have been on a Cannondale too:cool:

79400ex
03-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by lshonda310
I have had one short out during a race. As for people standing in the frist corner, they can still get run over with rides on aboards qauds. I have went throw crowds on starts before when I was pushed wide. And also, why do the coward have to stand in the first corner. Then if Ishonda310 resaon is correct, Motorcycle can and do end up into specators in the first corner because I have seen it done. so they should also have to have tether to race xc!!!!!!!!!!!!!