PDA

View Full Version : looking for Green Slime alternative/ice tire help

mc1984
03-20-2004, 01:27 AM
I know our winter season is coming to an end but I am looking for help with my ice tires. This last winter I used 1/2" screw in studs/ice screws in my tires. the reason I used 1/2" is so they would not pentrate the tire. I had put green slime in my front tires and it was coming through some of the screw holes!!! Anyway, I am constantly putting new screws in the back tires because I rip a ton of them out everytime I ride on the ice. I figure if I run a longer stud/ screw they shouldt pull out as easy but then the tires will leak. what do you guys do? what are my alternatives, if I could avoid Green Slime I would like to.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

big-guy
03-21-2004, 09:49 AM
condensed milk.

dawzie
03-21-2004, 09:56 AM
If you are putting the screws in mx tires there is one problem. The rubber is very soft. Use 7/8" or 1" screws in everything. I use ice tires and dont have to use tire slim. The rubber is much harder in these tires and they are cheap, like $45 each.

My truck tire dealer has this stuff he gave me to run in the tires, much better than "slim" but costs about twice as much. I dont know what its called, maybe see a heavy duty truck tire shop.

Dan229
03-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Highlifter sells a tire sealant that works really well.