PDA

View Full Version : Stupid hurts

quad_quazy
03-20-2004, 12:56 AM
I visited a freind of mine in the hospital today doesn't look good. Last weekend he had a party got drunk and decided he neeed to drag race someone on his raptor in the field. Well he also decided to not wear a helmet. He wrecked in 4th or 5th gear wide open from hitting a rut that he didn't see...because he was impaired and it was dark.

Well the end result is that he has a fractured skull, broken jaw and has been in a coma for a week now. What makes it even worst is that they have tried to pull him out of the coma 3 times and he went into convolsions. They say if he does come out of it he will have major brain damage and have the capacity of a 4 year old.

Wear your helmets and for crists sake don't drink and ride. This guy has a wife and two kids

hondarider2006
03-20-2004, 03:29 AM
Sorry to hear that man.....But he was drunk. I guess some people have to learn the hard way:(

brian-250
03-20-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
Sorry to hear that man.....But he was drunk. I guess some people have to learn the hard way:(

HayWire
03-20-2004, 05:00 AM
Sorry to hear of your friends misfortune .

I have had friends ride bikes without helmuts ,And have said to them Doesnt matter how good you think you are all it takes is a mistake and you could end up regreating that mistake for the rest of your life ... It doesnt take alot of effort to wear a helmut

So as quad_quazy said Wear your helmets and for crists sake don't drink and ride...

GasGas Wild450

More Dirt To Ya HàÿWï®ê

03-20-2004, 05:14 AM
sorry to hear that. sad to say that your friend has broken the 2 biggest rules in atv riding. this is why i will never have parties that involve alchohol at my house. i dont want someone to decide they need to take a joyride while they are drunk and hurt themself on my quad and im respnsible for it. i do ride my quad up to my friends parties and we sometimes will do some flat tracking or maybe a little bit of XC through the woods but we NEVER drive drunk.

WEEZIL
03-20-2004, 07:27 AM
o u c h. Poor fella.

Atreyu
03-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Sorry to hear that..but it's his own fault. Don't see why someone wouldn't wear a helmet.

SGA
03-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Sigh:(
Keep us updated please.

Fitzy
03-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Sorry to hear that..but it's his own fault. Don't see why someone wouldn't wear a helmet.

...you do lots of stupid things when you're drunk:rolleyes:
sry 'bout your friend, hope he gains everything back:(

sly400ex
03-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Sorry to hear it man....:( Hope he pulls through.:)

xr50layke
03-20-2004, 04:37 PM
hope he pulls through, its sad to see things like that happen, which is why, if you see anybody trying that stuff, please stop them :(

2001400ex
03-20-2004, 04:46 PM
That really sucks, I hope he pulls through. It's a shame he had to learn the hard way as previoussly posted. I don't get why anyone would stop him...

LTandRaptorider
03-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear about this. We've all done stupid things, I've certainly done more than my share... so I try not to judge. We can only hope to live and learn, but sometimes the price of learning is too high... :(

Fred55
03-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear that, how are his wife and kids doing?

quad_quazy
03-20-2004, 11:22 PM
I don't know them. I know him from riding and from being in the same career field I would like to think that if I was there I would have told him it was a very stupid idea. I am an ATV safety institute instructor and one of the things we always, always stress is proper riding gear, and no alchohol. He's been through the class, it's mandatory if your stationed here and want to ride an ATV. Now not only does he have to deal with his injury but the military could decide not to pay for his medical bills because he didn't minimize his risks and do what he knew was right to prevent it.

quad_quazy
03-20-2004, 11:36 PM
I don't know them. I know him from riding and from being in the same career field. I would like to think that if I was there I would have told him it was a very stupid idea. I am an ATV safety institute instructor and one of the things we always, always stress is proper riding gear, and no alchohol. He's been through the class, it's mandatory if your stationed here and want to ride an ATV. Now not only does he have to deal with his injury but the military could decide not to pay for his medical bills because he didn't minimize his risks and do what he knew was right to prevent it.