PDA

View Full Version : Houser Long Travel Linkage

EX 80
03-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Has anyone heard much about this houser long travel linkage for $350? What makes it so much better than stock?

04-07-2004, 08:54 AM
If you are racing MX it is only worth it if you get a longer shock. if you are racing XC it might be worth it even if you run the stock shock. The shock will have to be revalved if you run this linkage.

It does two things: 1) it lowers the quad. 2)it makes the rear suspenion smoother throughout the whole travel. with the stock linkage the shock gets very stiff near the bottom of its travel, which is good for MX guys but not so hot for the guys in the woods. The houser Linkage smooths it out so it stays consistant through the whole travell allowing you to have a plush ride over a rough XC course.

Pappy
04-07-2004, 08:55 AM
i watched 2 pro's and 2 top A class riders test the houser linkage and all were in agreement it works awesome.

EX 80
04-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I race MX and i have an AXIS shock in the rear. dual rate, dual adjust.

04-07-2004, 11:48 AM
That linkage is made for you have a shock with a longer shaft to optain more rear wheel travel!!!!!! However you can use the linkage with a stock length shock. It will help soften up the rear shock. i assume you do not need you rear shock softend up! So unless you want to buy another shock so you can get more travel I don't think it would be worth the money for you!

EX 80
04-07-2004, 03:23 PM
OK thanks for clearing that up for me. I just wanted to know i it was really worth $350. I didn't want to buy it and barely notice a difference.