PDA

View Full Version : Pep Shocks And Customer Service

slofords
03-19-2004, 08:23 PM
OK I ordered PEP shocks 5 weeks ago today. They told me they were going to take 4 weeks to build. I said that a long time considering Elkas wait is about a week, but I ordered them anyway. Now here it is 5 weeks and even my dealer cant get in touch with them. We just wanna know how long till we are going to see these things. No one ever answers the phone or returns calls or anything. I understand that they are poplular shocks, but they should have better customer service than this. Has everyone had this kind of service from them? Does anyone know how to get a hold of them other than the 909-590-4111 number? We have even faxed them and asked for a call back and nothing! Im sorry but im using this forum for venting. I just want the expensive shocks that I paid for soon. Im sure its a great product, I just would like to not be left in the dark as to where my order is.

Chanman420q
03-19-2004, 08:52 PM
give it about another 4 months and ull have em

slofords
03-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
give it about another 4 months and ull have em

I cant wait that long. How can I get a hold of wayne other than the 909-590-4111

Chanman420q
03-19-2004, 09:46 PM
its tuff to get a hold of them, u just gotta keep calling

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-19-2004, 11:32 PM
5 weeks? there have been people that has waited over 5 months :( just keep calling...someday you will get an answer.

KYmxracer52
03-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Back in 2001 or 2002 I bought some PEP LTD Mass shock and took them 6 months. Sorry to say, but you'll most likely have to wait a while.Cancel the order and go with Elkas. You won't regret it.

Dave400ex
03-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Yeah I would prepare for a long wait.

redroost85
03-21-2004, 07:55 PM
The words 'PEP' and 'Customer service' don't even belong in the same sentence. Believe me, I would love to have a set of PEP's too, but if you want your shocks this year.....get a set of Elka's.

400grl
03-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Do a search on this forum and you will find many threads about the lack of PEP customer service........hope you get ahold of them.

HiZ
03-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Just talked to him at GA nationals and I had to pretty much corner him to get him to stop. He's is behind, the only person in his shop is him and he needs to expand soon w his growing popularity!

Pappy
03-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by HiZ
Just talked to him at GA nationals and I had to pretty much corner him to get him to stop. He's is behind, the only person in his shop is him and he needs to expand soon w his growing popularity!

thats sucks in alot of ways because they do make killer shocks. but what good does it do if you cant get them:(

CTmxyfz
03-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
thats sucks in alot of ways because they do make killer shocks. but what good does it do if you cant get them:(

i was tired of seeing peoples wait times and stuff and after 5 weeks which i guess is not long, i ordered elkas.

HiZ
03-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Elka's product is growing in functionality and competition but watch the bikes, at some tracks it may not make a difference, if you are running Pep you are glued. Everything else you have some competition to hold on! You can really tell in GA it's all sand and by the time you get to the 5th moto it's bad, when your class is 20th and 24th you can imagine. You can tell! If you can wait, Elka is great and they are great people, but it is what it is!

400grl
03-22-2004, 02:10 PM
I had Elka's and they were awesome.....you made a good choice. My boyfriend and many others we race with run AXIS - and they are also excellent shocks. There are enough other shock companies out there who make an excellent product, that you do not have to go through the frustration of dealing with PEP if you don't want to.

norrisboat
03-22-2004, 08:37 PM
400grl..... sssshhhh.... quiet. I will have elkas on my 450r next week. Dont tell anyone.. haha j/k. We are testing them out.

cdalejef
03-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by HiZ
Elka's product is growing in functionality and competition but watch the bikes, at some tracks it may not make a difference, if you are running Pep you are glued. Everything else you have some competition to hold on! You can really tell in GA it's all sand and by the time you get to the 5th moto it's bad, when your class is 20th and 24th you can imagine. You can tell! If you can wait, Elka is great and they are great people, but it is what it is! Tell that to Doug Gust!

Pappy
03-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by HiZ
Elka's product is growing in functionality and competition but watch the bikes, at some tracks it may not make a difference, if you are running Pep you are glued. Everything else you have some competition to hold on! You can really tell in GA it's all sand and by the time you get to the 5th moto it's bad, when your class is 20th and 24th you can imagine. You can tell! If you can wait, Elka is great and they are great people, but it is what it is!

didnt gust just dominate at the GA round...oh yeah and he was on elka shocks. go figure:eek2:

400grl
03-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Watch Gust in the whoops......he floats....it's amazing how smooth he is.....those Elka's must be good for something! :) ;)

And Norrisboat.....I won't tell!! ;)

Bean
03-23-2004, 12:33 PM
really, right now, the wait on peps from where i get them is not no 6 months long, the wait wont be horrible right now, since most of the rebuilds are over, the winter and late late fall are the hardcore waitin times for parts, as everyone is ordering something, so just wait it out, im sure you will love them once you get them, i am missin my first few races waitin for my PEPs and i am not worried, always another day

HiZ
03-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Tell that to Doug Gust!

OK, I will let him know

Paul400ex2002
03-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Bean
really, right now, the wait on peps from where i get them is not no 6 months long, the wait wont be horrible right now, since most of the rebuilds are over, the winter and late late fall are the hardcore waitin times for parts, as everyone is ordering something, so just wait it out, im sure you will love them once you get them, i am missin my first few races waitin for my PEPs and i am not worried, always another day

you've got it backwards my friend. The wait for pep's right now is pretty long. 2 of the guys i race with have been waiting on their yfz shocks about 9 weeks now, and we were told 4-6 when they were ordered. I on the other hand, ordered mine last december, and had them a month later. Right now wayne is out of the shop a lot going to nationals and other races, and since he is pretty much the only guy working on the shocks, he's pretty backlogged right now. November and December seem to be the best times to order pep's, as he's in the shop a lot due to most racing seasons being finished.

ex kid
03-23-2004, 07:09 PM
try Mark Baldwin up at Baldwin Motorsports. i think he is a PEP dealer. www.baldwinmotorsports.com