PDA

View Full Version : Alabama ATV safety course - how much time to complete?

corvette95
03-19-2004, 04:47 PM
My wife is taking the beginners safety course in Alabama and to be a nice guy I am taking it with her even though I have been riding for over 15 years, and I wonder if anyone here has taken it and knows how long I will have to be bored out of my mind?

deathman53
03-19-2004, 05:37 PM
I can imagine about 4-5 hours. I know I was bored stiff during my class to get my motocyclle license, I got yelled at for shifting without the cluth,not practicing the cluth enough and espcailly he last day when I took my dirtbike with me( I was going riding right after it), they had us sit on the bike and somone push the bike so we can get the balance of the bike(such a joke) and othe dumb stuff. If I ever for some some dumb reason have to take a safety course I'd take my atc250r just to see the strange looks, what are you gonna take, your race preped r?

corvette95
03-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Wow, maybe I will take a portable TV? hehe

deathman53
03-19-2004, 06:04 PM
my motorcycle class was two days(8-3) and one night, can you begin to imagine how bored I was. It drove me nuts ridng in first gear for hours and revving the piss out of it(they said I wasn't riding fast enough, but I wasn't allowed to shift, because "don't do things the other people in the class don't know how to do yet", it was really stupid. The tv sounds like a good idea,but to make it complete, gotta watch quad racing. Seriosly you will be bored stiff, for awhile and expect to be yelled at by the instructor for doing so called "advanced techniques" like a powerslide, lol. On the serious side, what ever you do, DON'T do a wheelie, you'll get kicked out.

DillonTMNT
03-19-2004, 08:10 PM
haha I thought this was going to be a Alabama joke..haha

-Dillon