PDA

View Full Version : do they make wheel spacers for trucks?

SSracingNY
03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
I got a Chevy pickup and have a set of rims i want to put on it but they sit in too far. Does someone make wheel spacers for Chevy trucks. I got a 4x4(6 lug). How much are they? Im kinda lookin for a web site...

UglyMotha™
03-19-2004, 05:06 PM
yup i had a set on my truck they run bout 300 bucks and for like a 2" billet aluminum spacer or they make 1/4" spacers they are dirt cheap depends on how far out your goin as to how much it will cost

SSracingNY
03-19-2004, 05:25 PM
yea i saw some 1/4 sizes. think i could take some of those and put them together? sounds dumb. i know. im an idiot. just wondering though...

ewalker302
03-19-2004, 07:19 PM
You often have to install longer wheel studs w/spacers, but thats not hard to do.

You may not need them with just 1/4".

:bandit:

03-19-2004, 08:27 PM
dumb question....would this make the vehicle handle any different with 1/4 or would it just be for looks...I have some offset rims (same concept I guess) on my fourwheeler & it made no difference in handling

kicken250x
03-19-2004, 08:39 PM
1/4 in wont make any differnece in handling and a very small difference in looks. 1/4 in spacers are mainly used to make the tire/wheel clear the sheet metal/caliper. if you go with more than about a 1/4 inch spacer then u will need the ones that bolt on and replace the studs for insurance that the wheel wont fall off

i work at a wheel shop on the weekends sometimes incase some1 didnt believe i knew what i was talking about thats where i learned everything. but good luck tho dude!

UglyMotha™
03-19-2004, 09:40 PM
kicken's bout got it my 2"ers had countersunk holes and you used your lugs to fasten the spacers on then the spacers had seperate lugs that you then fastend the wheel too, it doesn't affect your handling in any way it is a little harsher on wheel bearings and ball joints and you will tend to get a slight vibration with them nothing that isn't tolerable thought mainly at high speeds such as 70ish and up i ran them for two years on my truck without any problems only reason i ran them was cause i took the rims off my car which was front wheel drive car which which has a far out offset and i needed the spacer to compensate on my truck

big-guy
03-21-2004, 09:59 AM
http://www.truckn-store.com/product_category.asp?ID=513