PDA

View Full Version : 416 vs Stock Raptor/Cannondale

Quadzilla
03-19-2004, 02:28 PM
You guys think that with the mods below (that I am supposed to have back next week) I'll finally be able to beat my buddy on his stock Raptor in a drag? Don't say it's up to the rider, because I'm at least as good as him there, even in dragging. I used to drag race tricked out GSXR1100's and won many a trophy in my day. :p He is about 45 lbs lighter than me and a pretty good rider and dragger also.

Previously with my Sparks X6 piped and jetted motor (stock internals) , we would be farily close off the line (I occasionally would pull the lead) and then by mid-way thru 3rd gear, he was slowly walking away. My 400 was no slouch, I would beat stock Z400's all the time and was only maybe 2 quad lengths behind my buddies piped and jetted Z400 (a very nice CT full exhaust and Dynojet kit done right!).

Hoping that the new internals below along with the new FCR will put me ahead of the Raptor (I know I'll crush the piped/jetted Z). Oh another friend of mine just got a stock Cannondale. Wonder how I'll do against that also? :devil: Whatchya guys think?

Quadzilla
03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Just saw the 250r vs Stock Raptor thread. Looks like I'm about to get the crapola flamed outta me as well... Oh well, bring it! :blah:

cals400ex
03-19-2004, 03:49 PM
i think you will have a good chance depending on the distance of the drag. he may pass you up top though. i am not sure, i haven't seen a raptor race a motor like yours with a ported head and a fcr. i have a similar motor as you without the carb and ported head and when i race piped raptors i can usually stay right there until around 4th gear and then they slightly pull. i have never got up to 5th when racing a raptor. the carb and head should help though.

H_W
03-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i think you will have a good chance depending on the distance of the drag. he may pass you up top though. i am not sure, i haven't seen a raptor race a motor like yours with a ported head and a fcr. i have a similar motor as you without the carb and ported head and when i race piped raptors i can usually stay right there until around 4th gear and then they slightly pull. i have never got up to 5th when racing a raptor. the carb and head should help though.

You should be able to beat a stock raptor. I can and I don't have the 416 kit like you do. Even if they get me out of the hole, once I hit 3rd I pull right up beside them. And on out in front through 4th and 5th. The carb makes a huge difference, I could not believe just how much of a difference it made by itself.

Quadzilla
03-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks guys!

cals400ex
03-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by H_W
You should be able to beat a stock raptor. I can and I don't have the 416 kit like you do. Even if they get me out of the hole, once I hit 3rd I pull right up beside them. And on out in front through 4th and 5th. The carb makes a huge difference, I could not believe just how much of a difference it made by itself.

yeah, i would like to beat a piped raptor. i haven't raced a stock one but just a piped one. i couldn't keep up on top speed. it wasn't that far off, but he was pulling alittle bit. however, i still have stock head, valves/springs, carb, etc.

H_W
03-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
yeah, i would like to beat a piped raptor. i haven't raced a stock one but just a piped one. i couldn't keep up on top speed. it wasn't that far off, but he was pulling alittle bit. however, i still have stock head, valves/springs, carb, etc.

My cousin has a piped raptor with a full Sparks X-6 exhaust and I can keep up with him. When we drag race we are pretty even. I outweigh him by about 20 pounds also. When I still had stock gearing I could easily pull away on top end, but with the 39 tooth on the rear I may be slowly pulling away or we are even. I know he is not pulling on me, though. The carb and porting really go together nicely.

montyjcm
03-20-2004, 12:01 PM
From what I have read (not seen), cannondales would beat your bike with a fairly good rider. They rev so fast!

roostin_dale
03-20-2004, 12:08 PM
yea the c-dale would blow you away...they rev like a 2-stroke..

i have beat 440's on mine...