PDA

View Full Version : Is this true

Gibson Racing 6
03-19-2004, 10:44 AM
I heard that the ESR pipe gave more power than sparks is this true????

WhiteZee
03-19-2004, 11:21 AM
i dont understand why people are so worried about the extra .5 hp you may get from a different brand of pipe. people need to work on their skills and not worrie about the little unnoticealbe gain you get from a different pipe. get one the looks good and sounds good. hmf is the pipe im planning on getting, since they look great and sound good too. the way i see it, is as long as you buy a pipe from a good company, thats all that matters, who gives a **** if you get .5 more hp from another.

greghall
03-19-2004, 11:35 AM
You could gain or lose a few HP if the air is dense or thin also temp. is a big factor ,fit & finish mean more to me than .5 of a HP.

WhiteZee
03-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by greghall
You could gain or lose a few HP if the air is dense or thin also temp. is a big factor ,fit & finish mean more to me than .5 of a HP.
amen.

hndabestonearth
03-19-2004, 01:28 PM
All the guy wants to know was which pipe made more power. If he wants to buy a pipe with a little more power, thats up to him. Although what you said is true, you don't need to be rude.

Sportrax10
03-19-2004, 01:33 PM
If your buying a pipe, wouldnt you rather have the one with the .5 extra hp? :p
Well as long as they are both the same price, quality,weight, ect.

I picked the Sparks over an ESR because from what I understand the ESR is more of a top end pipe... Like for drag racing? Dont quote me on that though...:o :p

twisted threads
03-19-2004, 01:48 PM
I hear that ESR makes more on top than the C.Sparks but the ESR pipe don't have the bottom end as the C.Sparks. Thats just what I have heard and you know how that is :rolleyes: :cool:

greghall
03-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by hndabestonearth
All the guy wants to know was which pipe made more power. If he wants to buy a pipe with a little more power, thats up to him. Although what you said is true, you don't need to be rude. Nobodys trying to be rude people just feed in to all the hype of hp ratings & dyno #'s see what works best for you I just try to give people honest advice here only to help somebody When they need it, hopefully I can get the same in return when I need help.

greghall
03-19-2004, 02:07 PM
I dont think I sounded rude but if I did sorry.

Hammer trx450r
03-19-2004, 02:40 PM
i dont think it was at all rude. Is this chick Martha Stewart of manners? Its like they get behind a safe keyboard and talk shiz like they have power for once in there lame life. I need anger management bad.

2004TRX450R
03-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10

I picked the Sparks over an ESR because from what I understand the ESR is more of a top end pipe... Like for drag racing? Dont quote me on that though...:o :p

Well this would explain the hp difference. Usually a pipe made for top end will make more peak power. However that isnt' everything. You have to look at wich one makes more power over a broader range or the range that you ride in. You can have a very peaky pipe that makes all kinds of power but it comes on and signes off fast. Or you can have one that has less power but a much broader range and will actually be faster because it makes more power on average. If all you want is a peak dyno number to read then get the peaky all top end pipe. If you want one that has good runability and more useable power get the one that comes on sooner and for longer and doesn't necessarily have the highest peak power. When looking at a dyno chart you can't just look at the peak number at the top. You have to look at the entire curve.