PDA

View Full Version : 2-3 front rims, bad idea?

flattrack450
03-18-2004, 09:51 PM
just got a set of 2-3 front rims. plan on using them for trail riding. are they really going to cause major damage to the front end components? just mounted my tires up and then came across all this info that tells me to stay away from 2-3 offset. is it worth selling these, losing my a**, and ordering 3-2?

flattrack450
03-21-2004, 11:41 AM
anybody?

Toadz400
03-21-2004, 05:45 PM
So far I haven't heard anything bad about the 2-3 but maybe that's because I haven't been looking/interested. I think you should just ride around with them and see how things turn out, just don't sell them right away because you heard some bad things about them. I could be wrong though...why did you change your offset anyway?

Btw- where in Wisconsin are you from?

JOEX
03-21-2004, 07:53 PM
They will work but noit the best for trail riding. I have a pair that I had to buy because I bent the stock rim and they were the only thing available locally and was going on a dune trip the following weekend.

I don't know about damaging the steering components with these. I belive the major issue with them is handling, there's an increase of bump steer.

flattrack450
03-22-2004, 06:01 PM
toad, ordered these to be my new flat track fronts. but i've decided to do more trail riding since then... 2-3's are what i'm left with. probably will just use these for flat track and just order a whole new set of 3-2 for the trails.
I'm in West Bend. Trail ride near Park Falls and do some flat track racing when time/money allows.