PDA

View Full Version : I need computer help please...

blondie69
03-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Okay, latley my computer has been acting really weird. It's freezing and stuff. If I'm on the net or doin something, every hour I have to restart at least 4 times. A bunch of programs as soon as I even turn it on when I go ctrl+alt+delete are not responding (Explorer, and Webtrap) so I'll get rid of webtrap knowin that if I get rid of Explorer it will probably freeze and/or restart. So I get rid of it Webtrap..it then freezes. So sometimes I'll jus ignore them, later on they will cause problems.
As well, sometimes I'll want to go on my webcam, and the connection is just about to be established with the person, then the Shut Down window will pop up, then my computer will freeze. Same with the mic. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Also, sometimes my msn doesn't work, like I'll keep hitting sign on and it'll go for like 1-5 seconds and then go back to the sign in thing, and it'll do this forever. (Right now in matter of fact). So I have to sit there continuing to hit sign in over and over.
So does anyone know what is wrong????:confused: I've done Virus scans and it says no virus (mind u it's a 2002 program, PC-Cillian)
....I hate computers....:mad: :huh

JDiablo
03-18-2004, 08:16 PM
www.spysweeper.com download that program for free and run it....it will get rid of all of your problems...all your trojans,all bad cookies that keep the popups coming up....it is way better then spybot search and destroy...it took me a total of 40 mins to download....run and clean out my entire computer....it goes through every file in your computer....good luck

sly400ex
03-18-2004, 08:17 PM
What OS is it? You should download spy-bot (make sure you update it after downloading) and also download ad-ware (again, update it).....you really should get some newer anti-virus software on there too....;)

Let us know what happens...:)

blondie69
03-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
www.spysweeper.com download that program for free and run it....it will get rid of all of your problems...all your trojans,all bad cookies that keep the popups coming up....it is way better then spybot search and destroy...it took me a total of 40 mins to download....run and clean out my entire computer....it goes through every file in your computer....good luck

I was meanin to download that, but I had lost the addy:huh haha

But thanxs!

Do u guys think it's spyware tho???:confused:

Oh and I have Windows ME. Mom's gonna buy XP here soon...I'm hopin..:rolleyes:

batgeek
03-18-2004, 08:21 PM
time for a

format c:\ and re-install.

looks like you have a bloated registry thats making key calls and confusing itself. is your hard drive going crazy during one of the stall periods?

how old is your computer and is it the original OS that was on there when ya got it?

muff
03-18-2004, 08:21 PM
i'll help ya...after you send some pics to muff400@comcast.net and i dont mean pics of the computer....lol :p

nah just download the ad-ware and all that good stuff and it should help ya out

JDiablo
03-18-2004, 08:23 PM
not to be stupid or anything but all you got to do is download that program i tol u and it takes care of everything...i did it today....very good program to...deletes that spyware bullcrap that keeps track of all your stuff....got mine :o ;)

elite ATV1
03-18-2004, 08:28 PM
www.grisoft.com download and run ;) :macho

JDiablo
03-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by elite ATV1
www.grisoft.com download and run ;) :macho

what is that program i never heard of that one before:confused:

blondie69
03-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Haha I don't think so muff;) Maybe later:p

I was thinkin I'll get it reformatted here as soon as possible (needa get the dude out here that has all my system discs n info n crap). It's not unusual for my computer to need to be reformatted every 3-6 months.

My computer itself is about 2 yrs old, but I jus had it majourly upgraded like 3 months ago, and before that 6 months.

When I run ad-adware, there IS a registry one, and I delete it every time, but it comes back (as usual). So that's what is probably making it do this??

*starts downloading that spysweeper program, then the one Elite suggested*

muff
03-18-2004, 08:38 PM
lol it was worth a shot right???

reformattin doesnt hurt once in a while, but helps if you have a cd burner to back things up with

blondie69
03-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Yes it was worth a shot, and cudo's to ya for tryin!:blah:

Yea, I have a cd-burner, I have all my pics, backgrounds, smaller programs, tabs, etc. all on a cd-rw right now...juuust in case. All the other times I reformatted...I didn't clue in that I had a cd-rw...it came w/ my burner. I just discovered it not too long ago haha:rolleyes: So yea...I'm all prepared for havin to reformat..it's not a big deal to me no more:huh

muff
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
well thats not so bad then, its always nice findin stuff in all of those junk drawers...I cant remember how many times i had to reformat my old computer

now i got somethin new :devil:

http://www.logisyscomputer.com/images/SKUImages/CS959BL_01.jpg

JDiablo
03-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by muff
well thats not so bad then, its always nice findin stuff in all of those junk drawers...I cant remember how many times i had to reformat my old computer

now i got somethin new :devil:

http://www.logisyscomputer.com/images/SKUImages/CS959BL_01.jpg

:eek2: how much that cost you?

elite ATV1
03-18-2004, 09:00 PM
How much did you pay for the Alien cover???

LTandRaptorider
03-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
Yes it was worth a shot, and cudo's to ya for tryin!:blah:

Yea, I have a cd-burner, I have all my pics, backgrounds, smaller programs, tabs, etc. all on a cd-rw right now...juuust in case. All the other times I reformatted...I didn't clue in that I had a cd-rw...it came w/ my burner. I just discovered it not too long ago haha:rolleyes: So yea...I'm all prepared for havin to reformat..it's not a big deal to me no more:huh

And you thought it was just a cup holder that popped out once in a while... :eek: :devil: :blah:

muff
03-18-2004, 09:08 PM
the case was like $130 off ebay, 500W power supply, 120mm rear fan, etc. if you want more info on it search for z-alien on ebay

pentium 4, 3.0ghz, 1gb memory, asus motherboard, plextor dvd burner (8x), ati radeon 9600pro video card, maxtor 160 and 80gb hard drives, backlit keyboard, two neons inside the case (blacklight and green neon), I think you get the picture...lol

came to like $1500 w/out a moniter, cause i already have a 19"...yes this thing is pretty quick, havent done any hardcore gamin w/ it yet tho

blondie69
03-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Ho-ly crap man! That is friken awesome!:eek2:
And I thought my case was pretty!:blah: It's CRAP compared to that...I hate u:mad: :blah: :devil: Jp man haha.

Oh..and thank u everyone for your help! It was truely appreciated! :)

So far...Software Found - 10
Traces Found - 185
And we aren't done yet:eek2:

muff
03-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Ho-ly crap man! That is friken awesome!:eek2:
And I thought my case was pretty!:blah: It's CRAP compared to that...I hate u:mad: :blah: :devil: Jp man haha.

Oh..and thank u everyone for your help! It was truely appreciated! :)

So far...Software Found - 10
Traces Found - 185
And we aren't done yet:eek2:

holy smilie faces :eek2: yea its pretty nice other than the fact its dimensions are a lot bigger than a normal computers....and by those #s you got there i think it would be time for a reformat, do you run kazaa all the time or somethin?

blondie69
03-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
And you thought it was just a cup holder that popped out once in a while... :eek: :devil: :blah:

Lmao! I thought it was something I could set my donuts on when my hands were full...fancy that...guess not!:confused: :blah:

Oh! And muff, mind if I add ya to my new msn list???:confused: :)

Update: Software Found - 11
Traces Found - 194

blondie69
03-18-2004, 09:13 PM
holy smilie faces :eek2: yea its pretty nice other than the fact its dimensions are a lot bigger than a normal computers....and by those #s you got there i think it would be time for a reformat, do you run kazaa all the time or somethin?

Heh...yea..I over-doo the whole smiley face thing...:rolleyes: haha

And no on the kazaa bit...I got rid of it awhile ago. I had it for the 1st 2-3 weeks when I got my computer fixed, then got rid of it (mind u it was kazaa lite tho) :huh

muff
03-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

:blah:
http://www.hackernetwork.org/cupholder.jpg

i dont have msn, but i'll go see if i can get it setup and whatnot

blondie69
03-18-2004, 09:20 PM
:blah:
http://www.hackernetwork.org/cupholder.jpg

i dont have msn, but i'll go see if i can get it setup and whatnot

lmfao!!

And kool stuff, just hit me up if ya get it set up!:)

Here's a screen shot of the final result....:eek2: :eek:
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/shiznikchik69/screenshot.jpg

Oh and the reason why there was 2 exriders thingy's there...the 1st one was froze and I didn't feel like ending task, cuz I knew it would probably restart my computer:rolleyes:

muff
03-18-2004, 09:22 PM
i'm tryin to talk to you on aim....but with no luck, i'll get that msn workin in a min

it looks like that sure did its job alright...

blondie69
03-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Hmm, I'm not gettin no IM pop-ups:confused:

I'll just re-boot. I probably should anyways seeing as all those files are now deleted...:eek2:

muff
03-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Hmm, I'm not gettin no IM pop-ups:confused:

I'll just re-boot. I probably should anyways seeing as all those files are now deleted...:eek2:

msn has been sayin your not on, my sn is muff400@comcast.net on that thing

pbarr86
03-19-2004, 06:18 AM
ME SUX!!!

If you are going to format it and your mom was thinking about XP I would get the XP now. I wouldn't reload ME on it, save yourself the trouble format and upgrade at the same time.

elite ATV1
03-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by pbarr86
ME SUX!!!

If you are going to format it and your mom was thinking about XP I would get the XP now. I wouldn't reload ME on it, save yourself the trouble format and upgrade at the same time.

no buddy XP SUCKS me is better than XP reformat and if you gotta update get win. 2000 pro. lots better then XP

pbarr86
03-19-2004, 06:51 AM
no buddy XP SUCKS me is better than XP reformat and if you gotta update get win. 2000 pro. lots better then XP

Someone is on crack this morning if they think ME is better than XP, ME is the hands down worst OS EVER puked onto the general public FACT, PERIOD end of story!!!!!

elite ATV1
03-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by pbarr86
Someone is on crack this morning if they think ME is better than XP, ME is the hands down worst OS EVER puked onto the general public FACT, PERIOD end of story!!!!!

yea but ANYTHING is better than XP i also said get 2000 pro learn to read :grr:

pbarr86
03-19-2004, 07:19 AM
yea but ANYTHING is better than XP i also said get 2000 pro learn to read :grr:

XP is better than ME for a variety of reasons. The reasons for me are:
(1) NTFS file support, NTFS is better at disk management, compresses better, and uses less space than the FAT32 counterpart of ME.

(2)With XP you never have to worry about system resources. They are well managed. With ME, you have to reboot all the time because the system resources can cause the system to crash, when they go..

(3) The system restore in XP is much more reliable, works everytime for me at least.

(4)XP is more visually impressive than the ME OS.

(5)XP allows for error reporting to MS, so that if you do have an error, you can report it right away to MS so that they can work on a fix for future releases of windows.

(6)With XP you can do remote desktop. Which means you can control another XP machine from your XP environment without installing extra software.

(7) XP is and will be supported for a while to come, whereas ME,98, 2K are all being phased out slowly.

(8) last but not least, is the driver support which is really good, except for ancient hardware.. and the compatibility mode. If you have a software and it will not work in XP, you can right click the excutable setup file, and emulate windows 95, 98, ME, or 2000. Which has, several times saved me!!

ME is fine but was a rushed attempt for MS to add some extra funds to the bankroll... It should have never been released, IMHO..
they were trying to fill a gap between the time 2K was released and the time XP would be released. I have used ME when it first came out, and I liked the features. It was fairly stable for me.. as good as 98se, with the added benefit of system restore..
But it used resources like crazy and no matter how much ram you had, it would still devour the resources prompting you for a restart after 12 or more hours of use.. I am a power user so it wasn't for me..

Why don't you learn to read, she said her mom was looking into XP so I said if they were gonna get it anyway they may as well do it now and save herself the trouble of reloading a crappy OS. 2000 pro is great too I run it on 2 of my machines but they will be phasing out support for that in the not to distant future. Or lets all just sit back and wait for Longhorn.....