PDA

View Full Version : how do you remove axle nuts

whiteboarder
03-18-2004, 07:57 PM
ok i got out the manual and it said to loosen them up so that you can pop off the ring thing so i did that but then how do you take them off i tried to unsrew it all the way but it stops

03-18-2004, 08:22 PM
u gotta lossen em up and as the nut loosens up u can see a clip. take that off and they will come off.

whiteboarder
03-18-2004, 08:28 PM
i did that and they wont come off is there more then one clip

Fuchs42
03-18-2004, 10:12 PM
do what he said, then screw them all the way off. If all else fails, Use a sledgehammer, 20 ft pipe, and a bomb.

Natertot426ex
03-18-2004, 10:46 PM
get the nut loose and pop the clip towards the end of the axle. The nut should slide right off. Also if you are trying to take the axle out take the right hub off and let the clip and nut come off too. Then disconect the brake caliper with its two bolts and the brake hub will come off. then pull the axle towards the left and out after undo the 4 sprket bolts:D

scott daniels
03-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Take small fine file, lightly file around the axle where the C-clip was on the outside of it, then your axle nut will slide right off, had the same problem about a month ago,

44oEX
03-19-2004, 06:54 AM
probably just rusted on all you have to do is take a piece of wood put it on the end of the axle and hit it with a sledghammer. The wood is so it won't damage the axle. that will puch the axle out and in turn take the nuts and the treads right out. hit the axle from the right.

03-19-2004, 01:24 PM
u cant be afraid to get the sledge out and get nasty wif it. i have a mini sledge that really comes in handy. i swear it will come off if u got the clip out. just dont paly wif it throw down on it. :blah: :macho

JOEX
03-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by scott daniels
Take small fine file, lightly file around the axle where the C-clip was on the outside of it, then your axle nut will slide right off, had the same problem about a month ago,
Sounds like that is the problem:) I have heard of others with the same situation.