PDA

View Full Version : im about to cry

250rider
03-18-2004, 05:26 PM
my quad is pissing me off so bad and i dunno what the hell is wrong with it, it will turn over and try to fire but it will not fire up all the way. Let me know what u think is wrong with it, i am going to throw this thing away if it dont work!

JDiablo
03-18-2004, 05:38 PM
did you just do a winter rebuild on it?>i had a problem getting mine started after i put everything back toghter....me and my uncle had to push it in 2nd gear then pop the clutch to get it started.....then we let it run for 10 mins and it should start up everytime after that....unless if its not that you got compression?maybe its a dead battery...but one things for sure send me that thing if your going to throw it out:p

honda250xrider
03-18-2004, 05:46 PM
make sure you are getting fuel, check the spark, are your vavles adjusted right?, what about your timing it could be sparking to soon? Try to explain better with what its doing. It could be your Cdi box, Something with your wires.

250rider
03-18-2004, 07:11 PM
the thing has a mind of its own and only wants to start when it wants too, i waited like 4 hours and the first kick it started up, it does it sometimes but not all the time, like earlier today when i got home from school it started up first kick and then i rode for a while then i went to start it p again and it wouldnt start, so then i waited the 4 ours like i said then it started right up. im telling u that it had a mind of its own!!! let me know what u think it could be, i took the carb apart and its clean, gas tank has good flow, it does have spark.

nakomis0
03-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Is it jetted right? hows the spark plug look?

Is the gas old?

03-18-2004, 08:24 PM
get a yamaha. :blah: nah change ur plug man that always seems to work.

JDiablo
03-18-2004, 08:26 PM
if the gas is old maybe you need this crap called stabi,it refreshes gas and what not....works good...if that don't work i say give it to me:D

bigfoot300ex
03-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
did you just do a winter rebuild on it?>i had a problem getting mine started after i put everything back toghter....me and my uncle had to push it in 2nd gear then pop the clutch to get it started.....then we let it run for 10 mins and it should start up everytime after that....unless if its not that you got compression?maybe its a dead battery...but one things for sure send me that thing if your going to throw it out:p

how could it have a dead battery if it doesnt
have a battery lol
it is a 250x.........kickstart only

JDiablo
03-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by bigfoot300ex
how could it have a dead battery if it doesnt
have a battery lol
it is a 250x.........kickstart only

lol i new it didn't sound right....:rolleyes: o well at least you got a good laugh:p

bentaxle420
03-18-2004, 09:58 PM
its your coil i had the same problem ,put new coil in starts everytime, so check if there is spark

KY Woods Rider
03-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Just from what you've said it sounds like the quad usually starts when cold but it doesn't want to start when it's warmed up. If that's what is happening, check the valves if you haven't done it already, because they could be a little too tight.

If it's just sporadic (sp?) and there's no pattern to predict when it will or will not start, then it's probably electrical. Although you may have spark under normal circumstances, wait until it throws a fit and check it then. If it is electrical, the coil and CDI would be my first suspects.

honda250xrider
03-19-2004, 05:16 AM
sounds to me like its eletrical

onefiftyone2003
03-19-2004, 09:24 AM
i've got a problem like this too on my 440ex. i just bought it last week and i don't know all that much about them. so we checked all the electrical, coil, battery etc. and it was fine. so we took the plug out and tested it for spark. no spark so this week i bought a new plug boot and wire. and on monday im gonna put it back togather and hope like hell it runs......what else could it be if it isn't the plug????

250rider
03-19-2004, 01:07 PM
i dunno but last night it fired right up, sometimes it fires right u p when its cold, even in like -20 degree weather my quad will start with no choke on the first kick! i have a great motor but i dunno what the hell has been happening to me.AAAAAHHHHHH help!

RideRedEX
03-19-2004, 01:44 PM
check all your electrical connections and grounds.

250rider
03-19-2004, 04:45 PM
there fine and when i put a new plug in it fired right up, when i pull it out it is a dry black, but sometimes it is a wet black, what do i have to do with the jets??

03-19-2004, 07:39 PM
lean em out a bit.

moto5150
03-20-2004, 12:10 AM
check to se if your stator is tight and adjusted right my friends dirtbike did the same thing and it was because every time he would ride it it would start the fist time but when the stator got hot it would move out of place. it was wierd!

redrunner
03-20-2004, 05:30 AM
If it's just sporadic (sp?)

You are correct, Sir!

And say it in an Ed McMahon voice!:D

Sorry guys can't help it, my mom was a school teacher.