PDA

View Full Version : Best Quad For Me?

ExTigY
03-18-2004, 05:16 PM
i am moving up from a honda TRX125 i have ridden a 400ex and feel comfortable on it, and a yamaha raptor(a little powerful). i need to know what what be the best quad for me between yamaha and honda. i am 15 5'5 125 pounds what would be best for me. money is not an issue.

HayWire
03-19-2004, 03:31 AM
Im no expert on Quads by any means ,And If money is not an Issue , Have you looked at European Bikes ? I own a Gas Gas Wild450 .The new Quads come standard race ready with your choice of motors. 300 2 stroker and 450 4 banga ...They come already tricked out with all the best add-ons and upgrades right out of the box.

Frames are multi-tube chrome molly steel (nickel-plated which means no rust) with full body skid plate and nerf bars standard. Heavy duty chrome A arms with Gold Series Öhlins shocks on the front and heavy duty aluminum swing arm , progressive linkage with Gold Series Öhlins on the rear and a heavy duty rear axle. Douglas rims and Maxxis RAZR tires round out the perks that are standard on both ATVs.

Just a thought and what you said about power ,Im a big believer in theres never enough power ,If you dont want to go flat out dont push the throttle or twist it all the way

More Dirt To Ya HàÿWï®ê

GasGas WIld450

Syrus
03-19-2004, 09:56 AM
well ok, money isnt an issue, what kind of riding do you do ? planning on racing, or just trail riding ?

AndrewRRR
03-19-2004, 12:11 PM
If you don't have your heart set on a new quad I'd look into a 250r. They are mellow enough to putt around on but have enough punch to get you just about anywhere you want to go. Plus it's a hard quad to outgrow since there is such a huge aftermarket and zillions of big bore and porting options.

dpizz450
03-22-2004, 06:52 PM
if ur trail ridin id have to say go with a kfx or z400 i have one and i love it.....its a lil more powerful and a few mph faster than a 400ex and has reverse people will say they have frame problems but i havent had a problem yet.....it rides great and smooth....id highly recommend you look into one....