PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers?

Extremerider
03-18-2004, 04:37 PM
i have a 250EX and am looking to widen the back.I am looking at wheel spacers and they look real nice and r cheap. However i herd they break off easy especially if u ride in rocky areas like me. Is this true.

Cole Trane
03-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Put it this way.... they make your axle weaker because it's not made to take the stress of that width. If you can save up and get an aftermarket axle. I don't know if anyone makes one for the 250ex though, never looked. I would try to stay away from wheel spacers though when riding on surfaces that can put more stress on your bike than smooth riding. JMO.

WI_hondaguy
03-18-2004, 06:23 PM
i've had my wheel spacers on for months and i ride hard. i jump pretty high and so far the have been real good. i would recomend the plus they make the atv more stable.

ReconRider25
03-18-2004, 07:00 PM
i had 2.5 inch durablue wheel spacers on the back of my recon and had no problems at all. i jumped that thing too and no probs.

05-05-2004, 09:29 PM
ur driveway isnt rocky theyre small rocks and the 20 ft of rd u ride on isnt rocky either

brazilian rider
05-06-2004, 04:38 AM
I don't think it's a good idea
I just bent my axle on a 2 foot jump

dirtmomma
05-06-2004, 08:48 AM
WEll we run them all around our blaster & after the crash it went thru last weekend I will have to say they held up GREAT!!!
BTW we run flattrack, The quad went about 6' in the air & came down HARD on the right side rear tire especially & nothing bent, the only thing that happened was the bead broke on the rear tire!!! The spacers were the 1st thing we checked, cuz we figured they would of bent. My sister in law has a 250ex & we put them on hers for her to try cuz she said it was too tippy, it made a BIG difference!!!

AtvMxRider
05-06-2004, 08:53 AM
I have run wheel spacers on the rear for almost 2 years and haven't had a problem at all. Most of the people that tell you they are no good have no experience with them:rolleyes: .

dirtmomma
05-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I have run wheel spacers on the rear for almost 2 years and haven't had a problem at all. Most of the people that tell you they are no good have no experience with them:rolleyes: .

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!:)

stonerider250x
05-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

thats what i think too because i have been racing mx with mine on the rear and havent had a problem. and i will keep runnin them till i get enough green stuff for a new axle

brazilian rider
05-06-2004, 06:49 PM
So are you guys saying I`m not running them right??
I believe there is no secret to run they
Is there something I should know to run them, any tips or secret?
I don`t get it

AtvMxRider
05-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by brazilian rider
I don`t get it

:huh WTF are you trying to say?

stonerider250x
05-06-2004, 07:29 PM
I don`t get it

quit bein a smart*****...we weren't sayin u were lien or doin sumtin wrong. we are just tellin about our exsperiences w/ them. the same thing u did. the statement atvmxrider made wasn't directed to u so chill out.

AtvMxRider
05-06-2004, 07:52 PM
I don't think it's a good idea
I just bent my axle on a 2 foot jump

Maybe you need to learn how to ride

brazilian rider
05-07-2004, 11:40 AM
I wish I could say what I want but my english sucks.
You guys got it wrong, sorry anyway