PDA

View Full Version : Speed and paddles?

EXDUNER127
03-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Does it matter on what paddles you use, giving you more speed traction etc. in the dunes?

I have the cheap sand devils, and was wondering if having better paddles would make me a little quicker in the sand drags, cause every bit helps. i dont want to spend the extra doe if i dont have to.

any imput helps!

Texan32
03-18-2004, 01:41 PM
with paddles, there are 2 main things to consider.

1. paddle design.
- straight...best for straight line, not great for turning
- slanted...best for turning, not great for foward acceleration
- Gecko...cross between straight and slanted...good combination of both.

2. # of blades.
- 5-6 blades....stock to mid level modified engine.
- +7 paddles...mainly for the "Big Boys"

Also look into the overall weight of the wheel and tire. If you don't think you will be doing any jumping while on the dunes, get some .125 wheels for the dune tires

EXDUNER127
03-18-2004, 01:49 PM
which are better paddles skat trak- haulers ,
geckos (are they heavy), and the new roosters, which ones would be recommended?

Cole Trane
03-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I would definately get the geckos first, then the haulers, then roosters. I've never heard a bad thing about the geckos. I know they are cheaper than the haulers too. Call up C&D or quadshop.

AndrewRRR
03-18-2004, 02:40 PM
If you want to drag get the lightest paddles with the most traction (enough for a small wheelie off the launch but not enough where you have to let off so the front will come down) and the lightest wheels.
I'd say hauler ultra-lites with .125 wheels. I'm not sure how much power and what kind of bike/swingarm, etc you have so i couldn't say what size. Most 400ex guys around here run 8 paddles.
If you want to jump and trail ride I'd get .160 wheels and get hauler extremes. Ultra lights are very thin and rip easily on roots on trails.
BTW, this is in the wrong forum.