PDA

View Full Version : How do I lose 20#'s in a month?

cody anderson
03-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Any suggestions?

300exOH
03-18-2004, 08:42 AM
Lots of swimming and bicycling might help along with a restricted low carb diet. 20# in a month is a tough goal for anybody. Good luck.

03-18-2004, 08:42 AM
quit eatin 3 whoppers a day fat arse....:eek:

:D :D

zephead400ex
03-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Well, the unhealthy way to do it would be not to eat and take a lot of laxitives:eek2: But I imagine you don't want to do that! haha

Maybe a low carb diet and a running workout like a wrestler, maybe, I really don't know.

Just curious, why so much so fast?

later

03-18-2004, 08:53 AM
losing too much weight that fast is dangerous sometimes

cody anderson
03-18-2004, 08:55 AM
Actually I wanna loose 21 pounds, thats 3 extra horse just in weight loss.

Bad Habit
03-18-2004, 09:16 AM
How much do you weigh now? Do you know what your body fat is or what your frame size is? How old are you?

Males don't end puberty until their early to mid twenties and will continue to fill out until then. Example; in high school I wrestled 138# my last year. I am still the same heighth as then but now weigh about 180#. Granted I am carring a little extra, but there is no way I could get down to 138# again. I could probably get down to 160#, but it would take alot of work and about 10-12 weeks to do it. The only reason I mention this is that it might not be possible for you to loose this much and still retain your strength and stamina.

If you are going to try and get rid of some of the weight, don't cut out carbs, they are your friend. The carbs are what you are going to need to have the energy for what you need to do.

#1 cut out ALL fat from you diet. Look at the label on everything you eat. If there is any fat in it, don't eat it.

#2 do alot of aerobic activity, and that doesn't mean putting on a spandex thong and watching a Richard Simmons tape (do this on your free time). Do any activity that will elevate your heart rate and keep it elevated for 30 minutes. Running, biking, stair stepper, or even riding your quad.

3# Watch your carb intake, but don't eleimnate it. Carbs are what your body uses to keep up your energy while doing activities, but too many carbs will be stored until needed for energy. The trick is to do slightly more activity than the carbs you are ingesting will supply energy for.

cody anderson
03-18-2004, 09:42 AM
I just turned 22, for arobics I run about 2 miles every other day and lift for about an hour. It's hard to ride around here right now, it's really crappy out. but in the summer I try to ride 3 hours a day... and run and lift and ride my mountain bike for an hour. I weigh about 190 now.

kx515
03-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Do you want to keep the weight off? I lost around 20#'s over 5 months. I started to exercise (Run) 3 miles a day and just eat less. I still have cheese burgers, fries, and cola. I just eat less. Don't try and go cold turkey if you are planning on doing this long term it won't work. I just eat what I want but less. When you first start to feel full stop eating. When I would start to feel full I would throw the rest of the food away so that I could not eat it. Thats what worked for me. It's been a year and half and the weight is still off.

wilkin250r
03-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Cut your leg off... :)

XANDADA
03-18-2004, 02:02 PM
I lost 18lbs. in six weeks doin the atkins thing about a year ago. I have only put about 8lbs. back on since then. I need to do it again.

Cody_300ex
03-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

lmao!!:p

Rrider4life8
03-18-2004, 05:15 PM
dang yall sound like girls:eek: j/p j/p i weigh 200lbs and a sophmore. Its all muscle tho. I say lay off the steroids:rolleyes:

popo
03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Six pack of old milwakeee beer and a bag full of white castles.

Go sit on the pooo-pooo... Bam 20lbs gone.

UglyMotha™
03-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by popo
Six pack of old milwakeee beer and a bag full of white castles.

Go sit on the pooo-pooo... Bam 20lbs gone.

LMAO............... you trying to impress a girl or somthing cody :o

derekhonda
03-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I know that this is the most un healthy thing ever, but if you are hell bent on losing weight, ive lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks. Basically my diet consists of a bowl of cereal for breakfast, salad and steak for dinner. No inbetween meals, no snacks, No anything. Im also only drinking water and orangejuice (cut out the pop) I am combining this with running between 1.5 and 3 miles a day. The weight is literally falling off of me, but i have not really had much energy either. This is just a short term "spring break diet." If you are wanting to lose some weight and stay healthy, just keep working out hard, and eat more sensibly, i would not suggest anything as drastic as i have done.

224 lbs 2 weeks ago
213lbs yesterday
goal 200-205lbs within 2 1/2 weeks

Berry
03-18-2004, 08:19 PM
no offense cody, but i wouldnt worry about your weight. i would worry about endurance and strength. i do mx too, but i weigh about 110lbs, im 15 yr old so i guess that has a lot too do with it. i dont do much excercise or diet, i just keep it simple and ride 20 minute motos a day. that seems too help me endurance wise and weight/muscle. big bones, or fat, really isnt in my family so i guess i dont have much room too talk. so if i were you and couldnt ride much, i would triple the amount of exercise you do per day, then watch what food you eat. dont go on any of these big weight plans or whatever, just keep it real, it will work out. peace

markeg192
03-18-2004, 08:36 PM
I used to be 400lbs. but then I got myself an addiction to CRACK and now I'm 93 1\2 lbs..........Worked for me. :D

Samson
03-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by markeg192
I used to be 400lbs. but then I got myself an addiction to CRACK and now I'm 93 1\2 lbs..........Worked for me. :D

http://www.boomersfunnies.com/Pictures/No%20to%20Crack.jpg

bigfoot300ex
03-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Berry
no offense cody, but i wouldnt worry about your weight. i would worry about endurance and strength. i do mx too, but i weigh about 110lbs, im 15 yr old so i guess that has a lot too do with it. i dont do much excercise or diet, i just keep it simple and ride 20 minute motos a day. that seems too help me endurance wise and weight/muscle. big bones, or fat, really isnt in my family so i guess i dont have much room too talk. so if i were you and couldnt ride much, i would triple the amount of exercise you do per day, then watch what food you eat. dont go on any of these big weight plans or whatever, just keep it real, it will work out. peace

15 and 110 lbs. dang how tall are you?
im 14 and 200 lbs. but i am 6-3'

03-18-2004, 09:11 PM
im 15 yrs old. about 210 but im really not that fat at all. btw im about 6'1. jsut eat sensibly and try to cut back on coke and snacks. I quit drinkin coke and started alot of water and i really havent lost any weight but i feel less bloated for a lack of a better word and my face is smaller.

SnellCRP
03-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

I took wilkin250r's advice and now I'm faster than ever! :eek:

SnellCRP
03-18-2004, 11:07 PM
You cut the carbs and you'll only be able to go 2 laps. Your body gets its energy from complex carbs. When you cut them out you are forcing your body to find an alternative fuel source. Usually its fat AND muscle. Those are not the best sources for energy. You will definitely lose muscle if you do succeed in losing those 20lbs in such a short time. When you diet you will lose fat and muscle. You can try to limit the amount of muscle loss by increasing your protien intake to 1.4 - 1.6 grams of protien per Kg of body weight eat several small meals per day, try to take in your complex carbs before noon, and don't eat too late usually not after 9pm. Green leafy vegetables are the best kind of complex carbs, chicken breast, fish, eggs and lean beef are the best protein. Have protien shakes between meals and train hard. You'll be shredded before you know it. :macho

twisted threads
03-19-2004, 03:55 AM
Cut back on all the fat and junk food and RUN!! If your in good shape all ready you might have a hard time loseing 20 pounds. You may half to run many miles with a body suit but you will lose weight but don't OVER DO IT!
Good Luck!!:cool:

fastexgirl4c
03-19-2004, 05:13 AM
i say...run alot and eat good...but dont stay away from the carbs...they are good for u..especially cuz of racing ...i usually have a bagel for breakfast...then work in the garage and at lunch time go running for like 3 miles..and stop at subway and run home...i burn off the fat on the way home...and for dinner i have steak or a meat and a vegatable....btw im 14 and about 95# but then to..im only like 5'1

JustRace
03-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Some people just can't lose weight no matter what they do. What you need to really take into consideration is just how fat you are now, not how much you weigh. Because if you are in good shape you may have to lose a lot of muscle to lose 20lbs (especially in a month). Most bodies have a point that is confertable for them. I went from weighing 230lbs to 160lbs in one year. All I did was drink around 120oz of water a day. I would eat my breakfast in the morning (bowl of cereal) and then I would eat a dinner high in protien around 3pm. That would be all I would have during the day. Drinking so much water kept me feeling full, except going to take a piss every 10 minutes. lol Then I would lift weights for atleast 12 hours a week and run 3 miles every other day. When I got down to 160 I just looked to little in my opinion. I got at a good weight of 175lbs for a little over 6 months. I have since quit lifting weight because I have no time and went back to 190lbs.

mmills023
03-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Well i am 6'4" @ 255lbs.

My most successful diet to date was Basic Training!!! 68 lbs in 8 weeks (i was 268 going in and 200 even comming out)

But really, here is my own diet i use when i want to lose some weight.

Cut you food intake in half
Eat 5 times a day (at least)
NO POP
drink as much water as you can stand (dont over do it is unhealthy)
Moderate exersice, which includes cardio, and weight training..

The more muscle you have the more calories you body uses at a standstill..