PDA

View Full Version : Florida Trails?

mx400
03-18-2004, 06:56 AM
im going to florida for my spring break and was wondering if there are any trails for trucks, buggies, atvs, and such. plz let me know

schmitthead
03-18-2004, 01:53 PM
what part of florida?

mx400
03-18-2004, 02:35 PM
any where in florida. my hotel is in Orlando but i am willing to drive any distance for some good trails.

chad cavagnaro
03-18-2004, 08:49 PM
well, there are two areas that i know of that will be within an hr and 1/2 or so from you. one is the ocala natl forest close to ocala of course, it has several [unmarked] trails that just wander through the forest. ive been there before and it was very large and overwelming, felt like i could get lost easy so didnt feel like ventureing to far. the other is croom orv riding area. in the withalacoochie natl forest just notheast of tampa fla. wich i hear is the best organized of the two areas. marked trails. it is smaller and i bet will be more people. i think it has a small track,
a practice track and trails. have fun!

mx400
03-19-2004, 11:31 AM
does withalacoochie natl forest allow trucks back there. my quad is gone(sold it about 4 months ago) and i am looking for some trucking trails

chad cavagnaro
03-22-2004, 11:00 AM
well, i dont think they allow trucks at croom riding area, and im not sure about the rest of the withalacoochie forest. u can do searches for the withalacoochie national forest in fla and should get some info online.
in my opinion you would have more fun in ocala natl. forest because its bigger, but you will need to get a good topo map of the area, a cumpas, or preferable a gps with downloadable topo maps in it. and then you will only have still a hard time finding your way around!!! its a huge area, and is about the same distance as croom from orlando, just north. then go to daytona and drive on the beach, lots of fine women laying out in t's!! :eek2: :devil: holla back to tell us what u decided!!
wish i was going too!! damn!