PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter Cover Screw???

MOOCAZEN
03-08-2002, 09:09 AM
WELL I WAS CHANGING MY OIL YESTERDAY AND WHEN I WENT TO OPEN THE SIDE COVER TO CHANGE THE FILTER, ONE SCREW CAME OUT FINE, THE SMALL ONE, THE OTHER LONG ONE MADE A LOUD POP AND IT CAME OUT LIKE NOTHING, THANK GOD TO THIS BECAUSE WHEN I SAW THE LONG SCREW, IT BROKE BUT WAS STILL HELD ON BY A SMALL PIECE OF METAL OR ELSE THE END PIECE WOULD HAVE STAYED STUCK IN THERE!!!! THNAK GOD IT DIDNT:eek: NOW IM WONDERING, HOW MUCH ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TIGHTEN THE BOLTS, LET ME KNOW, I DONT HAVE A TORQUE WRENCH, PLEASE HELP SO I WONT DO THIS AGAIN

knighttime
03-08-2002, 09:11 AM
Make them very snug, but dont crank down on them.:confused:

03-08-2002, 10:11 AM
I think those sink flush... meaning they are only threaded so far into the motor. You should be able to feel that when tightening them.

400exdad
03-08-2002, 10:56 AM
There are torque specs for everything, but I use a 1/4 drive ratchet and I hold it up close to the socket. I also use anti-sieze on all my bolts that go into the block and frame.

MOOCAZEN
03-08-2002, 11:17 AM
IM SCREWED:D NO ONE IN SAN DIEGO CA HAS ONE OF THOSE FRICKIN SCREWS, ALL ORDR, AND IM SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING OFF TOMMORROW MORNING

knighttime
03-08-2002, 11:29 AM
And stop at every auto parts and hardware type store u c. I think u can find a screw with those same metric threads. U may have to cut it to fit and/or make a new head for it.

Or, order the bolt UPS next day early delivery from www.servicehonda.com

Either way, you will be able to ride tomorrow.

MadcapEX
03-08-2002, 12:06 PM
7 FT POUNDS,I would use a quarter inch drive torque wrench cuz 7 pounds aint much!