PDA

View Full Version : Tecate4

diesel-mech
03-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Has anyone heard of anybody putting a 4 stroker in a tecate4?

03-17-2004, 09:21 PM
u just talkin about a engine swap? no i havent because those really arent that popular. U could do a way better project than that. ;)

trikemoto85
03-18-2004, 09:42 AM
One of my friends has a tecate 4, he restored it from the ground up. Why would u want to do an engine swap, ive always thought that the tecates are rare, i would leave the stock engine in .but my friends has awsome power with the rebuilt stock engine,a paul turner pipe, and a couple of other things

Juggalo
03-18-2004, 10:17 AM
yeah don't waste a tecate frame..their already hard enough to come by. besides their really fast little screamers..don't put a 4 stroke in it

hollywood43
03-18-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm with Juggalo -- that's a power valved two-stroke. Putting a 4 stroke in there just ain't right....:huh

But if I had to venture a guess, I would say that a Mojave engine would fit with only minimal modification. But you'd be turning that jack rabbit into a tortoise!:D

Quadzilla
03-18-2004, 02:28 PM
My brother-in-law had one of those last year. It was in pretty good shape. Ran like a raped date! Diesel, rebuilt that 2 stroker, pipe it and you'll be smoking PLENTY of 4 strokers! Those things rock! I recently read an old shootout of them (with the Honda 250r and Zuke Quadacer 250). The Kaw tore the Honda and Zuke up in staightline acceleration AND top speed. Just didn't quite handle as good....