PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Oil Tanks???

SpeckyEX
03-17-2004, 08:21 PM
I think I answered my own question.... If I fab up a new oil tank, with a larger capacity it will not hurt(oil flood) the engine because it pumps(mech oil pump) it into the block and back out!. The only critical Oil LEVEL is the MIN amount called for in the Manual!!
Help is this ligite!!

Thanks
SpeckyEx

cals400ex
03-18-2004, 01:18 AM
a larger oil tank doesn't hurt the engine. however, overfilling a tank that is only suppose to hold so much won't be good. if you rig something up i would try not to bring the tank any closer to the engine as it is now. for one it would be tough to get the headers off and for two the headers will heat the tank up.

brandonpeake
03-18-2004, 07:33 AM
more than likely you will hurt your engine, you will not only more than likely be running hotter oil thru your wuads motos but more of it!, i talked with several people about this but damain gray at UM called me the other day and we were talking about it and he said the first one they fabbed had it way to close to the header and it was like 30 degress over max oil temp in the manual and now they run one with a heat shield and got the temps down to the bottom end of reccomended running temp, i would not reccomend the avg. person trying this but i dont know your fabrication skills

SpeckyEX
03-18-2004, 08:11 AM
Ya I was also looking at the exhaust. Was thinking about shaping the tank around it. I have acess to a full out fab shop! Your right I need to watch out making sure I don't cause the over heat! I would put more air tubes in thru the tank, but that also might cause problems!

Thanks for the reply!

y2k400ex
03-18-2004, 08:11 AM
a freind of mine can extend your stock tank to hold an extra quart just PM: KAWSAM62

here a pic http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39419&perpage=15&pagenumber=2