PDA

View Full Version : Help quick!

Sportrax10
03-17-2004, 08:01 PM
I was bored and took off the kickstarter, a bearing fell out... How do I get it all back on???:D I feel like an idiot...

Honda
03-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Install spring in the hole, then place bearing on top of spring. Push bearing into hole while compressing spring, slide top of shifter onto pivoting bottom assembly, bolt together.

Now!! Put Down your tools and Stop taking your 450R apart, you obviously don't have the skill or ability to be working on your ATV.

My Bearing went flying across the room when I took mine apart, after a Half an Hour of searching I found it. Pretty easy to reassemble if you ask me!

Sorry man, just trying to help!

If you are going to work on it, at least get a manual and take it slow, pay attention to where all the parts go while you are taking it apart.

It's like Lego's. Big Kids Lego's! LOL!

Sportrax10
03-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Honda
Install spring in the hole, then place bearing on top of spring. Push bearing into hole while compressing spring, slide top of shifter onto pivoting bottom assembly, bolt together.

Now!! Put Down your tools and Stop taking your 450R apart, you obviously don't have the skill or ability to be taking your ATV apart.

Sorry man, just trying to help!
Thats for the help...
I just didnt see the hole at the back where the bearing went in, so I was like WTF? I have never owned a quad with a kickstart.
After I cheaked servicehonda.com I was fine...

And im not bad with taking things apart either!:cuss: :devil:

Honda
03-17-2004, 09:00 PM
And im not bad with taking things apart either!

Cool! Carry on then!

Glad I could help! Just don't drop the lil ball, it is a B@T#^ to find.

Take it easy mang! ;)

lukester720
03-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Honda
Cool! Carry on then!

Glad I could help! Just don't drop the lil ball, it is a B@T#^ to find.

Take it easy mang! ;)

That bearing is hard to find but if there is something harder to find on the quad is the needle clip for the carb. When I took it off it went flying across the shop and I haven't seen it since. Me and 2 of my friends looked for it for about 20 minutes before I decided to steal the one off of my 400ex.