PDA

View Full Version : tecate4

diesel-mech
03-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Whats up? I'm completely new to the site, I've been riding for a LOOOOOONG time, yes I'm old (30) I just bought a tecate4 minus engine.Sorry I have no pics yet. Do you know or have you heard of anyone putting a four stroke engine in a tecate? Like an ex400 engine? I want to build a good trail machine. I'm out to build a quad that is different than every other ride out there.(much like you did). By the way your quad is sharp!! the detail means everything. I think your justified in being very proud of it. get back with me I may have a lot of questions or possibly help answer some:cool:Tecate4

beak7707
03-17-2004, 08:00 PM
I think it would be pretty difficult to put a 400ex motor in a tecate. There is a guy on here how put a kawi 500cc 2 stroke in a tecate, I'm sure if you did the same that would get some attention. I've never heard of anybody trying to put a 400 motor in a tecate, I'm just guessing maybe it could be done.

diesel-mech
03-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty good at fabricateing, I just wonder if the engine is to tall to clear the tank

bradley300
03-17-2004, 09:02 PM
if you really want to be different, put a tecate motor in , those things are very rare

diesel-mech
03-17-2004, 09:25 PM
I already own a 2stroker but I ride with a bunch of 50 year old guys (don't laugh they are tough to keep up with, one of them is my dad) anyway we run a 68mile loop in kentucky through the mountains. I can't make it with just one gas stop on my 2stroke.