PDA

View Full Version : raptor junk

experson
03-17-2004, 07:21 PM
yes the raptor is junk i have owned 1 for a year and it has been nothin but trouble it has broke every time i have riden it maybe in 2004 edition of the raptor yamaha will have fixed the problems

Syrus
03-17-2004, 11:47 PM
just give that 03 raptor sometime, im sure something will blow on it soon enough :P

Shoulda bought a honda !

dannyboy20
03-18-2004, 01:09 PM
my friends just bought an 02' and the starter makes all sorts of weird noises and he has a hard time starting it. Another one of my friends had an 03' with the same problem. Whats up with that ??? Someone told me its because there is soo much compression that the starter has such a hard time. I dont no about that.

greghall
03-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Buy a Honda if you want reliabilty or maitanace that yamaha after every ride just dont throw it in the shed & forget about it till the nesxt ride.

rap225
03-18-2004, 06:05 PM
yes the raptor is junk i have owned 1 for a year and it has been nothin but trouble it has broke every time i have riden it

. . thats just because you dont know what the hell you are doing

LTandRaptorider
03-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by rap225
. . thats just because you dont know what the hell you are doing

Ding! We have a winner!! ;)

Mr.Offroad
03-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by dannyboy20
my friends just bought an 02' and the starter makes all sorts of weird noises and he has a hard time starting it. Another one of my friends had an 03' with the same problem. Whats up with that ??? Someone told me its because there is soo much compression that the starter has such a hard time. I dont no about that. The problem is what's called the one-way bearing, or sprague clutch. The Yamaha folks tell you that when you start it cold, give it plenty of time to warm up before you take the choke off all the way, otherwise it'll back-kick. And with that huge piston kickin' back, it takes out that one-way. There is an aftermarket one-way built by L&A that's supposed to be indestructible. If you take care when starting it cold each time, they will last a long time. But not a lot of people are told this when they buy them.

experson
03-19-2004, 02:49 PM
rap225-yea idk. . thats just because you dont know what the hell you are doing

no i do no what im doing and so do my 4 other friends that own the craptor all theres are broke too they have good power but they suck in reliability

LTandRaptorider
03-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by experson
rap225-yea idk. . thats just because you dont know what the hell you are doing

no i do no what im doing and so do my 4 other friends that own the craptor all theres are broke too they have good power but they suck in reliability

You sure you're not related to Jumbo747? :confused: I'll just repeat what I've said to him... I guess I got the only good Raptor ever made then. So far, no prob other than maintenance.

experson
03-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
You sure you're not related to Jumbo747? :confused: I'll just repeat what I've said to him... I guess I got the only good Raptor ever made then. So far, no prob other than maintenance.

no im not related i gues you do have the only good raptor

Mr.Offroad
03-21-2004, 09:20 PM
You sure you're not related to Jumbo747? :confused: I'll just repeat what I've said to him... I guess I got the only good Raptor ever made then. So far, no prob other than maintenance. Don't worry, Raptorider. Me, and all my Raptor-riding friends don't have any more probs with them, than we do with our Hondas. Sounds like someone needs some riding lessons to me.

experson
03-22-2004, 04:58 PM
maybe there raptors are not breaking because there not rideing their quads fast enough and arent good enough to

LTandRaptorider
03-22-2004, 05:07 PM
maybe there raptors are not breaking because there not rideing their quads fast enough and arent good enough to

Nope, don't think that's it... but thanks for playing... no bonus round for you. :rolleyes: The point here is, maybe you had bad luck, doesn't mean they're all junk. ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p1a2487d7fe4d9e9d9241827d00ca653f/fa3cdd54.jpg

and a couple others to point out I'm not just a slow trail rider...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/p8602d43e4bec2547fb909132b7d3136c/f98eac12.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pcf965709af8fe0961add058d43dd9e94/fa45464e.jpg

And yes, that's a Raptor in front of me... :mad:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pa8f9a92aa720a485ee056c85b635ffda/fa3fda3d.jpg

experson
03-22-2004, 06:21 PM
ok ur on an lt 250 there really good quads ill get some pics soon wen my quad is fixed:mad:

LTandRaptorider
03-22-2004, 08:18 PM
ok ur on an lt 250 there really good quads ill get some pics soon wen my quad is fixed:mad:

First pic was a flat track race on my Raptor. I admit I don't have many pics of the rappy, the LT gets ridden more! :p

experson
03-23-2004, 03:17 PM
thats because lts are better than raptors on a track

AtvMxRider
03-23-2004, 03:56 PM

:rolleyes: Man just admit you don't know what your are talking about so we can all go on with our lives...........:huh

LTandRaptorider
03-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:rolleyes: Man just admit you don't know what your are talking about so we can all go on with our lives...........:huh

Thank you! ;) I was diggin out my thesaurus to find other ways of saying it... :p

experson
03-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

i talked to a guy that works at a quad shop he said that the raptors are the most sold quads but the most to break

AtvMxRider
03-23-2004, 06:49 PM
i talked to a guy that works at a quad shop he said that the raptors are the most sold quads but the most to break

I talked to a guy that works a Burger King an he said the Whopper is the best burger made but it gives you the worst gas..........:rolleyes:

experson
03-23-2004, 07:17 PM
haha that was good

Halo Boyz
03-23-2004, 07:32 PM
:grr: are you joking me ? i have an 03' raptor. i have never had to do anything to it. the only time it brakes it when i crash into other people or maybe a tree or 2. i can even do a wheelie on it! and NUTSACK aka exrider123 dosnt even have a quad

dannyboy20
03-23-2004, 08:07 PM
ya the guy i talked to at McDonalds said pretty much the same thing about the Big Mack. :eek2:

Mr.Offroad
03-23-2004, 09:17 PM
i talked to a guy that works at a quad shop he said that the raptors are the most sold quads but the most to break Yeah, and I talked to guy who says he was abducted by aliens, and little black helicopters fly around at night time seeding the clouds with flu virus. It hasn't rained flu here in ages, but my Raptor runs great all the time.;)

experson
03-24-2004, 04:23 PM
wow u guys r so funny i cant stop laughing at ur funny jokes that sound the same

Mango
03-26-2004, 02:24 PM
These types of foolish discussions are why this particular forum has the reputation it does. Most of the people posting aren't looking for information, they are just wanting to start a stupid fight on Yamaha vs Honda vs Kawasaki vs Suzuki, and so on.

Regardless which quad you own, depending on how you ride and the maintenance you give it will generally determine the dependability of the machine.

Most of you girls that have your mom or dad purchase you a quad then you ride the crap out of it and then ***** about it breaking have no idea what maintenance.

Quit *****ing and pick-up a manual and learn to fix what you have broken. then maybe you'll see that "operator error" is your biggest problem.

Hey exidiot, errr, person, if you are an "ex" person, why are you bashing the raptor now? And, if your quad is in the shop, does that mean you have a HONDA in the shop??

AtvMxRider
03-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Mango

Regardless which quad you own, depending on how you ride and the maintenance you give it will generally determine the dependability of the machine.

Amen brotha :) .

experson
03-27-2004, 05:42 PM
no the 400 is home the craptor is on the shop

LT250Racer609
03-27-2004, 06:14 PM
LTandRaptor rider.. i agree with you about the reliability of the raptor...i ride with a good dozen guys who ride them extremly hard...and they have NEVER had a problem besides a lost bolt in the bumper:blah:

LT250Racer609
03-27-2004, 06:17 PM
EXrider...it really sounds to me that u dont kno how to ride or something if you raptor is having problems...you should probably try to avoid crashing with your raptor and u will find out how reliable they really are

Mr.Offroad
03-27-2004, 11:51 PM
no the 400 is home the craptor is on the shop Well, there's your problem. It probably breaks every time you push it off the shop. Leave it down and ride it, and it should work fine.:huh

LTandRaptorider
03-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
Well, there's your problem. It probably breaks every time you push it off the shop. Leave it down and ride it, and it should work fine.:huh

LMFAO! I was thinking the same thing, but figured I'd let it go... :D

Raptor Mike
04-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Man, all this dissin the Raptor is making me sick! If you know how to ride a quad and don't push it to it's limits, it will last you. I haven't had one problem with mine except for the recall on the rear brakes. It doesn't matter what brand you own, they all break if you ride them like an a-hole. True, the 02's had tranny problems, but they were fixed for the 03 model. Yeah, Honda is noted for their reliability, but at the local dealer, his shop is full of "broken" quads and the majority of them are Honda and Polaris.

LTandRaptorider
04-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Raptor Mike
Man, all this dissin the Raptor is making me sick! If you know how to ride a quad and don't push it to it's limits, it will last you. I haven't had one problem with mine except for the recall on the rear brakes. It doesn't matter what brand you own, they all break if you ride them like an a-hole. True, the 02's had tranny problems, but they were fixed for the 03 model. Yeah, Honda is noted for their reliability, but at the local dealer, his shop is full of "broken" quads and the majority of them are Honda and Polaris.

What's the recall in the rear brakes, and what years are affected? Thanks.

So far I haven't had any trouble with my 01 Raptor. I can understand someone being frustrated when having problems with their quad, but that doesn't mean as a brand they're all junk. ;)

Halo Boyz
04-01-2004, 07:17 PM
can we just end this now... i mean i cant be the only person who KNOWS experson dont have a clue what hes talking about the 01 and the 02 raptors have had alittle problems but the 03 only got a recall on its back brake and if you bought your quad new the quad shop you got it from has to fix it for free... and my brake have been fine eather way.:blah:

LTandRaptorider
04-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Halo Boyz
can we just end this now... i mean i cant be the only person who KNOWS experson dont have a clue what hes talking about the 01 and the 02 raptors have had alittle problems but the 03 only got a recall on its back brake and if you bought your quad new the quad shop you got it from has to fix it for free... and my brake have been fine eather way.:blah:

Well, ok... thus endeth this fuggin thread right fuggin now!

MXRACER94
04-11-2004, 10:46 PM
All you $hit talkers about yamahas.For one raptors are not junk cuzz my friend has one and he has no problem with it and he did get told about letting it warm up from when you first start it from an cold engine anyone that has common sence would do that...

MXRACER94
04-11-2004, 10:50 PM
]Originally posted by Raptor Mike

HES RIGHT

experson
04-19-2004, 05:19 PM
i never said any thing was wrong with my engine y would u tell me to warm it up cuz i do

raptorrider
04-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey, maybe if you grade schoolers used a thing called a period every now and then, we could read your B.S. better!! A period is at the end of every sentence. They look like this; -> . <-

As far as the Rap goes, Ive had one problem with mine in the 2 years Ive had it that WAS NOT my fault. I do admit, the Rap is a high maintaince quad, maybe a little more so that a 400ex or 300ex or a Warrior, since they are using stone age engine designs on them. Maybe if people didnt spend all their time putting down what they dont understand, the world would be a better place!

04-28-2004, 02:18 PM
:rolleyes: craptors suck

Mango
04-28-2004, 03:01 PM
I'll tell you what Jumbo, after your parents buy you another quad, let me know where to meet you and we'll race'm. Then you can tell everyone you were punished by a "Raptor".

You really should quit bashing bikes, especially now that you do not have one.:D

Mango

dirtyboy88
04-30-2004, 10:27 PM
ok hasnt everyone had something wrong with there atv, if u havent u dont know how to ride , by the way u should have got a honda:blah:

experson
05-01-2004, 07:08 PM
yea i know

05-02-2004, 10:57 AM
yay....daddy let me buy my new four wheeler from my job & now I have a reliable four wheeler & not a POS craptor....lets race beotch

LTandRaptorider
05-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
yay....daddy let me buy my new four wheeler from my job & now I have a reliable four wheeler & not a POS craptor....lets race beotch

I can't believe this thread is still going... :rolleyes:

I'll spank you with both my raptor, and LT. Which one you want first? :eek: :blah: Don't forget to put the Honda 'update' kit on first, to make it fast!:D

Raptor Mike
05-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Well, Jumbo thinks a Raptor is a POS because he never rode a REAL quad before. Let him ride my Rappy just once and he will go home crying to daddy that he want's one.

Blown 331
05-08-2004, 11:43 AM

400EX out sells all other sport quads compined, or at least it did a few months back, and if its not anymore it's sure not the Raptor.

LTandRaptorider
05-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Blown 331
400EX out sells all other sport quads compined, or at least it did a few months back, and if its not anymore it's sure not the Raptor.

Think again... the Raptor IS one of the top selling quads.;)

dirtyboy88
05-08-2004, 10:08 PM
:confused:

Mango
05-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by dirtyboy88
ok we got it ,ppl have there different opions , i think rartors suck , u dont , wow ! this thing needs to be closed so all my posts will be then!:blah:

Your grammer is so poor, it is hard to make sense of your statement.
Try spelling out your words, then maybe you will realize how retarded you sound. What is a rartor?

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 02:48 PM
How about you shut your ****ing mouth i'll type the way i want to , did u understand that!!, wow i missed type something, u cant say u havent done it too.:grr: :rolleyes:

Yeah, but you still haven't answered his question... just WTF is a rartor?:confused: :blah:

And keep in mind, if you're going to break stones on here, you WILL get it in return... I'll make sure of it.;) Now go race Jumbo on his 450R and simmer down.

raptorrider
05-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Well, I have an owners report here.

I raced A class at Stone City in Bedford In. yesterday. I raced my, as you guys say "slow and junky Raptor". I won A class and I did manage to LAP a 450R, a 250R, and countless 400EX's. Wow, I also lapped a few YFZ 450's. I know that its more about the rider than the quad, but the way you guys talk, nobody could ever beat a 450R or a 400EX on a Raptor right? Maybe I was dreaming.

Mango
05-10-2004, 04:14 PM
How about you shut your ****ing mouth i'll type the way i want to , did u understand that!!, wow i missed type something, u cant say u havent done it too.:grr: :rolleyes:

You know, while your at school, take a trip to the library. It's usually a big room or series of rooms with many of books. You have probably only been there for a tornado drill or maybe one of your many detentions.
Anyway, there is a book called WEBSTER'S DICTIONARY. Look-up "prick", you will find your picture next to it.
I did not comment on your typing or spelling. I referred to your poor grammar. It is a proven fact that how one, (you idiot), writes is how one speaks.

Now go wash your hands, they are filthy and type bad words.

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by raptorrider
Well, I have an owners report here.

I raced A class at Stone City in Bedford In. yesterday. I raced my, as you guys say "slow and junky Raptor". I won A class and I did manage to LAP a 450R, a 250R, and countless 400EX's. Wow, I also lapped a few YFZ 450's. I know that its more about the rider than the quad, but the way you guys talk, nobody could ever beat a 450R or a 400EX on a Raptor right? Maybe I was dreaming.

Good job!;) While Raptors aren't prevalent at races, they are there and good riders put in a good showing. Wish I was one of them...:o :p

experson
05-10-2004, 06:17 PM
ok we got it ,ppl have there different opions , i think rartors suck , u dont , wow ! this thing needs to be closed so all my posts will be then!:blah:

the only thing that really sux about the craptor is how it breaks alot but if they didnt they would be good quads

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 06:26 PM
the only thing that really sux about the craptor is how it breaks alot but if they didnt they would be good quads

Ohhhh... you're just trying to keep your thread going! It lasted much longer than expected...:confused:

experson
05-10-2004, 06:32 PM
no im just tryin to say how the craptor breaks and yea it has been going long

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 06:36 PM
no im just tryin to say how the craptor breaks and yea it has been going long

Well, at least you didn't say this thread has lasted longer than a Raptor!:p

Still no problems with mine, other than me not getting to the axle bearings in time. If things go well, the Raptor may be sacrificed for a YFZ!:D

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 07:47 PM
wow im glad u can put down a 14 yr old kid , im probly bigger then u, u little smartass why dont u have ur mom( that u porbly still live with) give u a handjob . Do u even have a 4wheeler???
And i dont talk the way i write, so im guessing ur a *** that corrects eveyone u talk to ,the way u type u do

Well kid, I don't think it will be much longer before you're no longer able to post on here. You've made many smart-*** posts, don't try to use the excuse you're only 14... that's plenty old enough. For your own good... chill out! Dang Jumbo, you look absolutely calm next to your buddy here! :eek:

BTW... in case you care... If I were you, I'd delete your last post before the mods see it. Then I'll delete mine quoting yours... and so on and so forth...;)

experson
05-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Well kid, I don't think it will be much longer before you're no longer able to post on here. You've made many smart-*** posts, don't try to use the excuse you're only 14... that's plenty old enough. For your own good... chill out! Dang Jumbo, you look absolutely calm next to your buddy here! :eek:

BTW... in case you care... If I were you, I'd delete your last post before the mods see it. Then I'll delete mine quoting yours... and so on and so forth...;)

ooo no not the bj word

LTandRaptorider
05-10-2004, 08:01 PM
ooo no not the bj word

Nope... the hj word! flock it, don't matter to me. He has't posted much useful stuff anyways...

Bobbs07
05-10-2004, 09:22 PM
wow im glad u can put down a 14 yr old kid , im probly bigger then u, u little smartass why dont u have ur mom( that u porbly still live with) give u a handjob . Do u even have a 4wheeler???
And i dont talk the way i write, so im guessing ur a *** that corrects eveyone u talk to ,the way u type u do

ooooooooo tough guy....:huh :rolleyes:

dirtyboy88
05-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Bobbs07
ooooooooo tough guy....:huh :rolleyes: ok who told u to get into this ! ill delete my posts, if mango does too!

raptorrider
05-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Why dont you guys just give it up. Just ride what you have and dont worry about someone else likes.

I myslef like brunettes, you may like Blonds, but that doesnt mean I wont ride either!

Bobbs07
05-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by raptorrider
Why dont you guys just give it up. Just ride what you have and dont worry about someone else likes.

I myslef like brunettes, you may like Blonds, but that doesnt mean I wont ride either!

Cant argue with that!:devil:

Mango
05-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Very nice.

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 10:17 AM
ok who told u to get into this ! ill delete my posts, if mango does too!

Might as well delete the whole thread... it's fairly worthless. Could start a new one about whether you prefer blonds, brunettes, or red heads!:D

wilkin250r
05-12-2004, 04:52 PM

I realize I'm Jonny-come-lately in this thread, but this has to be the dumbest statement I've ever heard.

experson
05-12-2004, 07:29 PM
how is it dumb raptors are really tippy and lts are 2 stroke quiker and less tippy

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 08:14 PM
I gotta admit, the handling of my LT is much better than a Raptor. After my motor work, it will outrun a raptor too. It did take a lot of money to get it there, but it was worth it.;)

Mr.Offroad
05-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Mango
You know, while your at school, take a trip to the library. It's usually a big room or series of rooms with many of books. You have probably only been there for a tornado drill or maybe one of your many detentions.
Anyway, there is a book called WEBSTER'S DICTIONARY. Look-up "prick", you will find your picture next to it.
I did not comment on your typing or spelling. I referred to your poor grammar. It is a proven fact that how one, (you idiot), writes is how one speaks.

Now go wash your hands, they are filthy and type bad words. Oh, I like this. I like this a lot! Very articulate yet to the point! I give it an A+

dirtyboy88
05-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
Oh, I like this. I like this a lot! Very articulate yet to the point! I give it an A+
wow ur a freakin retard , that was posted like 5 days ago , ill give u a A+ @$$ kicking if u want one!!!:grr: sry LTandRaptorider but he just pissed me off like Mango did

05-12-2004, 09:43 PM
wow ur a freakin retard , that was posted like 5 days ago , ill give u a A+ @$$ kicking if u want one!!!:grr: sry LTandRaptorider but he just pissed me off like Mango did r u retarded? lets race...ill beat you this time :blah:

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
r u retarded? lets race...ill beat you this time :blah:

I think we'll need video proof that you can beat his rancher!:blah:

LTandRaptorider
05-12-2004, 10:24 PM
wow ur a freakin retard , that was posted like 5 days ago , ill give u a A+ @$$ kicking if u want one!!!:grr: sry LTandRaptorider but he just pissed me off like Mango did

don't sweat it, he's just bustin on mango I think. ;)

Now go whoop jumbo's *** on that fancy 450 of his! You know that was his second choice... he just couldn't afford a raptor!:D

Mr.Offroad
05-12-2004, 10:30 PM
wow ur a freakin retard , that was posted like 5 days ago , ill give u a A+ @$$ kicking if u want one!!!:grr: sry LTandRaptorider but he just pissed me off like Mango did Yeah, kid, don't get yer tail in a knot.

02bwraptor
05-13-2004, 10:48 AM
The people that say raptors are piece of junks are the people that do not know how to ride them and take care of them. I race cross country on the raptor and my dad races the 400ex. I like the raptor better. The raptor is just as reliable as the 400ex. I have had my raptor since june 2002. The only thing that has broke was the one way.

It does not matter what you ride, just enjoy it and leave the raptor alone. Every bike has its down fall. I can name plenty on the 400ex.

wilkin250r
05-13-2004, 01:52 PM
how is it dumb raptors are really tippy and lts are 2 stroke quiker and less tippy

Have you ever ridden an LT? They have stubby little a-arms. Last time I got on one, the front suspension beat the snot out of me. That's why they never really had the popularity of the 250r, even though the motor was a little bit faster. They just didn't have it in the suspension department. There's more to the track than "less tippy".

Sure, with a bit of money, you can upgrade the LT, but you can upgrade a Raptor, too. Extended A-arms, axle, and ZPS suspension to lower the center of gravity remove the "tippy" feeling of the Raptor.

I'll admit, I'm not a pro, but every time I've seen one, the LT's were always terrible on the track. Good in sand, terrible on the track.

LTandRaptorider
05-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Have you ever ridden an LT? They have stubby little a-arms. Last time I got on one, the front suspension beat the snot out of me. That's why they never really had the popularity of the 250r, even though the motor was a little bit faster. They just didn't have it in the suspension department. There's more to the track than "less tippy".

Sure, with a bit of money, you can upgrade the LT, but you can upgrade a Raptor, too. Extended A-arms, axle, and ZPS suspension to lower the center of gravity remove the "tippy" feeling of the Raptor.

I'll admit, I'm not a pro, but every time I've seen one, the LT's were always terrible on the track. Good in sand, terrible on the track.

As you know, I have both of these quads. Even in stock form, the LT will handle better than the Raptor. Power wise, the nod goes to the Raptor with both stock. The stock suspension on the LT wasn't that great... to say the least. Suzuki did uprade the front shocks in 87, and changed the rear suspension on the 91-92 models. It was a marginal improvement. However, I never thought the LT handled all that bad. When I put Works Pro-Series shocks all around, the difference was night and day! So yes, I've put a tidy sum of money in to the Lt, but the starting point in price was $2700. I have a machine I like better than the Raptor, for only a couple k more in price. Funny thing is, everytime I think of selling the Raptor, then take it for a ride, I change my mind! Yes, because there was something wrong with the one I had! :blah:

wilkin250r
05-14-2004, 12:00 PM
What type of terrain are you riding to make the comparison?

I'll admit, the LT is great in the sand, and would be much better in flattrack than the tippy Raptor. But I've never seen them do well on a motocross track. When comparing stock machines, the Raptor could always hold it's own on the track, but the LT couldn't keep up.

LTandRaptorider
05-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
What type of terrain are you riding to make the comparison?

I'll admit, the LT is great in the sand, and would be much better in flattrack than the tippy Raptor. But I've never seen them do well on a motocross track. When comparing stock machines, the Raptor could always hold it's own on the track, but the LT couldn't keep up.

I've run them both in woods, flat track and mx. I ran the raptor in one flat track race last year, was actually surprised how it handled, with little setup other than lowering it. The LT is much better there of course. The LT's stock suspension sucked big time in mx, I only did that one year before upgrading the shocks! With the plus2 a-arms, and RPM axle, it's almost 50" wide, so not too conducive to woods racing. I think it's more a case of getting used to what you ride, and learning how to handle it. I've never cared for how the raptor handles, but there are other riders who love it. One last note... with the performance upgrades I've put on the LT, it's probably capable of more than the rider is! I'm older and get tired quicker... :o

coryatver
05-15-2004, 04:33 PM
My buddy's raptor is in the shop getting the motor rebuilt he just got it done last year. He pushes it to the limit and rides hard though. When you get a stock raptor and then put an axle and air box setup and some skid plates that aren't plastic on it so that they are outdated as 400ex's there not to bad. But you gotta be strong to race one i give anyone who does credit. And they are awesome in the dunes. But if you ride them hard they can't take it like a yfz or trx and it can get expensive replacing all the parts. But ya gotta do what you gotta do so you can say you have the biggest and baddest which i am reminded every time we get on a straight stretch on an open road.