PDA

View Full Version : A Bone Stoked Peditor Vs A Bone Stoked Ds650 Which Is Faster And Which Is Better?????

200x 3 -wheeler
03-17-2004, 07:12 PM
WHICH IS BETTER??????????????

beak7707
03-17-2004, 08:13 PM
The DS650 will be faster, It wont blow it off the road but it will defiantly win. Which is better, that depends on what you are doing. If you are going to be in wide open areas and sand dunes the DS650 is the best choice by far. The DS is very comfortable, it rides great and has unbelievable power. I have never sat on such a comfortable seat as the DS650's. If you want to ride in woods and on trails out of the 2 the pred will be better. If you want to do trail riding, I wouldn't choose either of those two, but thats just me. I think they are too heavy and big for trail riding.

NDpredator
03-18-2004, 12:00 PM
my predator was always faster than all the DS650s that i raced, even before all my mods. They would beat me off the line, but i would end up beating them by 4 or 5 quad lengths when it was all said and done.

derrick

#1speedbump
03-23-2004, 08:46 PM
The ds has won each shootout done by all the mags as far as top speed. However as for which wins could be determined by to many variables. IMO the predator is alot easier to jump and less expensive to mod. Neither of them wheelie very well. In the dunes its a toss up both have pros and cons.

NDpredator
03-23-2004, 09:47 PM
You must not have rode around any predators then have you if you say that they are not easy to wheelie. The predator wheelies as easy as any 400ex i've ever rode, and i love to ride wheelies. You can't always believe everything you read in the magazines either.

derrick

Raptor Mike
04-01-2004, 01:44 PM
The DS650 top speed is around 66 MPH, the Predator is around 65 MPH, the Banshee around 63 and the Raptor around 62. But you have to take into consideration the rider, an experienced rider on a Raptor will beat an un-experianced rider on a DS650. Riders weight also has a major effect on the speed.

Dill Pickle
04-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Raptor Mike
The DS650 top speed is around 66 MPH, the Predator is around 65 MPH, the Banshee around 63 and the Raptor around 62. But you have to take into consideration the rider, an experienced rider on a Raptor will beat an un-experianced rider on a DS650. Riders weight also has a major effect on the speed.

:huh when i had my predator stock it would do 72-74mph stock... and also the DS and Banshee speeds are up there too, way above the low 60's

diesel-mech
04-10-2004, 10:39 AM
The ds650 is faster but the shorter swingarm on the 04 makes it alittle less stable. I read that. Never actually riden one.

450rboy
04-11-2004, 03:55 PM
the predator my do good in the woods. and the ds will probably beat the predator on the track. and i am pretty sure a ds is a lot faster. so i give the ds the edge

TGW_400ex
04-11-2004, 04:43 PM
DS:D

#1speedbump
04-11-2004, 09:39 PM
IMO and I stress my opinion, theres not a fat chance the ds would beat a pred on a track. Unless of course you removed all the jumps, chicanes, whoops and just about everything else that make up a track except for the 3 mile straight aways .

Not tryin to diss or flame i own neither but IMO from experience w/ both you'd be hard pressed to give the Ds the advantage

outofsight
04-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Raptor Mike

Sorry man but your totally off. My stock 98 warrior was clocked at 62 and the raptor had like another 10mph on the top.

RMX500
04-17-2004, 06:03 AM
none of you really have a clue about top speeds...

QuadJunkies
04-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by RMX500
none of you really have a clue about top speeds... that wasnt very nice......:grr: no flaming.........

Uno
04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Every magazine test Ive seen puts top speeds at 66-72 mph. Alot of things can affect this including wind, elevation and rider weight.

The DS does beat the Predator in a drag race with the same weight and skilled rider on them both. The thing is, generally speaking, bigger people are happier on a DS. So in your average drag race it would probably be very close.

As for which is better... I own a DS and have ridden a Predator. On the track the Predator will be faster in general. But, and this is the sticking point, as the riders weight and height increase this changes. A heavier rider puts more weight up high on the machine and the DS is more stable thru the corners (I'm talking about the old DS with the longer swingarm, I dont know about the new ones). I know at the track I am faster on a DS because I weigh 270 pounds. I can slide my DS into corners at speeds I would flip a Predator and forget about a Raptor.

Just my experiance, but I've spent a few hours on Predators and Raptors so I have a good perspective.

BTW, hi! I'm new to the forum...

QuadJunkies
04-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Uno
Every magazine test Ive seen puts top speeds at 66-72 mph. Alot of things can affect this including wind, elevation and rider weight.

The DS does beat the Predator in a drag race with the same weight and skilled rider on them both. The thing is, generally speaking, bigger people are happier on a DS. So in your average drag race it would probably be very close.

As for which is better... I own a DS and have ridden a Predator. On the track the Predator will be faster in general. But, and this is the sticking point, as the riders weight and height increase this changes. A heavier rider puts more weight up high on the machine and the DS is more stable thru the corners (I'm talking about the old DS with the longer swingarm, I dont know about the new ones). I know at the track I am faster on a DS because I weigh 270 pounds. I can slide my DS into corners at speeds I would flip a Predator and forget about a Raptor.

Just my experiance, but I've spent a few hours on Predators and Raptors so I have a good perspective.

BTW, hi! I'm new to the forum... I know a few people that ride a DS and they are a bit of the bigger size(taller oand heavier) and you wouldnt know that it was a bigger machine with them on it!BTW.....Welcome to the site.................;)

RMX500
04-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
that wasnt very nice......:grr: no flaming.........

sorry but that was meant more as a plain disgruntled expression than a blatant flame. I'm just getting tired of people throwing around misinformation on the site.

QuadJunkies
04-20-2004, 11:58 PM
sorry but that was meant more as a plain disgruntled expression than a blatant flame. I'm just getting tired of people throwing around misinformation on the site. yes, but your gonna get that on EVERY site you go to,ones thoughts on whats correct may not always mean that it is either.....Those kind of comments are waht gets threads closed.I dont want to sound like a hard nose, Im just trying to keep things from getting out of hand......;) What you consider an expression .....most others takes it as a flame....

diesel-mech
04-21-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm not triing to through around facts but I read in dirt wheels that the peditor didn't track well. they say its fast if you can get it to go where the front wheels are pointing ( never rode one personally)
On the other hand the DS was said to be extremely powerful and handles great but the shorter swingarm hurt it more than it helped.
Of the two the preditor had the better suspension although it was close. But like I said I never rode a preditor and I've only ridden an older DS650. Take it for what you will.;)

dsracer666
04-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by #1speedbump
IMO and I stress my opinion, theres not a fat chance the ds would beat a pred on a track. Unless of course you removed all the jumps, chicanes, whoops and just about everything else that make up a track except for the 3 mile straight aways .

Not tryin to diss or flame i own neither but IMO from experience w/ both you'd be hard pressed to give the Ds the advantage
I guess you've never been to a NEATV-MX race:D

Dunesurfer
04-26-2004, 09:28 PM
They had a shootout last month in one of the ATV mags. #1 pred #2 raptor #3 DS #4 kawi 700. DS is toooooo heavy

dsracer666
04-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Dunesurfer
They had a shootout last month in one of the ATV mags. #1 pred #2 raptor #3 DS #4 kawi 700. DS is toooooo heavy

oh was that the one were they piped all the quads ecept the ds!:huh

RMX500
04-27-2004, 09:07 AM
no, they were all pretty much BONE stock. the DS had the Baja X package and the Pred was a Troy Lee. Otherwise every machine was barebones. I'm staring atthe article right now.

Preddy = #1 open class.

VForce = worst open class :D

obviously

TGW_400ex
04-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Dunesurfer

There is noway a raptor beat the DS unless the driver of the DS totally suxed at ridin

04-27-2004, 02:55 PM
no, they were all pretty much BONE stock. the DS had the Baja X package and the Pred was a Troy Lee. Otherwise every machine was barebones. I'm staring atthe article right now.

Preddy = #1 open class.

VForce = worst open class :D

obviously

dude its not a troy lee its just a regular predator... i read it about 2 weeks ago and its no troy lee...

Dunesurfer
04-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by dsracer666
oh was that the one were they piped all the quads ecept the ds!:huh

Yep that pipe makes up for the extra 100lbs of the DS. LMAO. I will be the first one to praise the ds suspension and engine, they are just so weigh so much more. For the same reason the yfz whips the predator. Don't worry what people say take that ds to open spaces and haul arse:D Reviews said the pred was not a good dune quad but I have shee's z-400's and 400ex's that can't keep up the pace I ride. So ride what you have and love what you ride.