PDA

View Full Version : Shocking question

quadfamily
03-07-2002, 10:33 PM
Guys, I need some advice. I have a 300EX as many of you already know. I have also installed 400EX front shocks on it. The problem is I like the front shocks so much now I don't like my back shock anymore. When I land jumps the front end lands so plush and soft. The back lands hard. We were riding last weekend and jumping on a hill that had a flat landing. I wasn't even jumping that high but it was landing so hard it almost hurt. My suspension wasn't bottoming out either, I know what that feels/sounds like. Like I said, the front felt great but the back was like "BAM". Even when just riding trails if I hit a bump or rut the front absorbs nice it but the back really jolts me. What can I do about it? Can I have my rear shock re-valved or something? Or re-sprung? I weigh 235 but with all my gear It's gotta be 245 or so. So do you thing it's the wrong spring rate or the wrong valving in the shock? Who can do the re-valve/re-spring, and how much does it cost? I gotta look and see what the spring preload is set at. I don't think that would make much of a difference though. Thanks for any advice!

Leo
03-08-2002, 05:00 AM
Marty from the Quadshop told me that the stock Raptor rear shock will bolt right on to a 300EX, giving it better ride + more travel... ??

I'm pretty sure the 300EX rear shock can be rebuilt / revalved to your specs..

I'm debating going with some aftermarket fronts, and having my rear re-worked while I have the quad apart for powdercoating, but I don't know if I can justify the $$..

Leo

quadfamily
03-11-2002, 07:10 PM
Do you have a link or a number for the quad shop Leo?

JabberJaw
03-11-2002, 07:15 PM
I was expecting to be SHOCKED!!!!

Leo
03-11-2002, 07:19 PM
http://www.quadshopatv.com/

JabberJaw
03-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Wow! That Raptor Turbo kit was shocking..... double the power!

rhino99
03-11-2002, 08:16 PM
You cant do anything to the stock 300ex shock but change the preload. It cant be revalved. If the raptor thing really does work, that sounds like your best bet. Otherwise you have two options, you can use a 350x rearend, the swingarm, axle and shock, or you can get an aftermarket 300ex shock from works or somewhere like that. I am not sure how hard it is to bolt up the 350x rearend, but that might be your best bet because you get a longer swingarm and more travel. But the aftermarket shock might be easier.