PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked my ride....seek advice

parched_son
03-17-2004, 03:39 PM
I tossed my quad (LZ400) this weekend. It is new, I am a new rider, etc.... so I have a couple of concerns. First off, the only thing I tweaked was the clutch assembly on the handlebars and the right front fender (that I can see). I think I flipped it, but am not sure as I was being tossed about pretty good. The fluids were leaking (only slightly) from the clutch resevoir and the brake resevoir (front brake side). I uprighted the quad to find the left clutch assembly tweaked. Straightened that back up with 8 mm socket. Popped the plastic back in place on the right hand front fender/fairing. All looks good ok, but is there anything else I should be concerned with? Any kind of structural damage, electrical, hydralic, etc? I'm just not sure as I am a street bike rider and have just gotten into quading. Thanks
Jeff

Doibugu2
03-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Get used to it, wrecking is a normal course of riding. The Z has been know to have a weak frame, so I would check to see if it is straight.

But other than that, I'm sure everything is fine, most quads are pretty durable, and takes a lot to mess them up pretty good.

parched_son
03-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Doi, thanks for the info. I thought that the "weak" frame bit was '03 and older. My dealer told me that the '04 had a newer frame with other goodies that improved it over the '03. Maybe he was just trying to push out the new ones and leave '03's for buddies?
Jeff

Doibugu2
03-17-2004, 04:22 PM
I believe you might be correct. I think I remember reading where they did some updates.

batgeek
03-17-2004, 04:57 PM
the new ones are still pretty weak.

sounds like a handlebar landing hehe. make sure to check the upper steering stem bracket, that was(prolly still is) weak point in the frame...especially for what happened to your quad.

4TraxRider
03-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Check your axle too, both my buds with Z's crashed and bent their axles.

parched_son
03-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks guys. Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I know what to look for. It does seem to ride straight, if that is worth anything.
Jeff