PDA

View Full Version : Spark Arrestor

ProConcept
03-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Im going to pick up my 450R on Sat and am soon going to buy a full exhaust for it. The places I ride say you should have a spark arrestor for it (like almost all places do :rolleyes: ). Well i think im going to get a sparks full system but the spark arrestor is $50 more and it cuts performance of the pipe alittle. Im thinking about not getting one since I never see any wardens where I ride and even if they did pull me over they probably couldn't tell if I had one in there or not. So what do you guys think?

jmpulse
03-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Locally, they actually look for the USFS stamp on the pipe for the approved sparkarrestor. If you don't have the stamp, it is a instant $150 fine. Even it your pipe has a spark arrestor

4TraxRider
03-17-2004, 06:14 PM
If you do get caught its very easy to check for a SA. A warden can look in the muffler hole and see that there's no SA, and some put a poker thing into the hole to check.

brif
03-17-2004, 06:44 PM
The wardens around here always check for SA's when they pull you over. I actually saw an idiot warden stick his finger in the exhaust pipe of a bike that had been rode for a couple hours. It was funny as heck and the guy got really pissed, but he ended up letting us go. :)

4fiddyR
03-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Ask that warden how he would like it if you put a finger up his tailpipe! :blah:

ProConcept
03-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 4fiddyR
Ask that warden how he would like it if you put a finger up his tailpipe! :blah:

LOL!!!!!!!