PDA

View Full Version : What does Everyone think of the "New" Photo Gallery Section

Admin
03-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Alright everyone, the announcement has been up all day, so what does everyone think of the "New" Photo Gallery?

I plan on expanding it to include race pictures from events other than GNCC series events, but they were the first ones that I went through. By the end of next week, I hope to have atleast 5 more races uploaded to the gallery.

Also, I will be updating the Members Gallery & Video Section, so start emailing me your Quad Photos and Videos along with a description of your photo or video to be added.

I expect to see several hundred emails from members, so get your best pictures together NOW!!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!! :D

seatec
03-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Never mind. i was japping while you already made the changes i was going to suggest. looks great. now if you could turn the pix counter Clockwise. hehe. nag nag. nothing is ever good enough right?!.
THe galley rocks man!

Tommy 17
03-17-2004, 01:07 PM
looks good harlen...

my only suggestion is if u can... put a thing so u can click from page 1 to lets say 5 without having to click the arrow 5 times in a row...

seatec
03-17-2004, 01:11 PM
i haven't seen that kind of functionality in a canned program? Have you seen it somewhere on another page? If so post link so one could look at the source HTML code and maybe make that happen.

Motoman440
03-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Very nice job with the gallery. I really like the commentary you do along with the pics in the "Race Coverage" section though but I am sure that is extremly time consuming. However, I do not know who alot of these riders are and it is nice when you point out who's who during the races. Keep up the excellent work!!!

Rrider4life8
03-17-2004, 01:14 PM
i like it

seatec
03-17-2004, 01:18 PM
I think the Photo Gallery isn't meant to substitute the Race Coverage and just enables one to see more pics of a particular race and also enables you to buy the pics. I think its a great idea. Now, how do i get myself Photographed. Ah yeah, join a race:D

Motoman440
03-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by seatec
I think the Photo Gallery isn't meant to substitute the Race Coverage and just enables one to see more pics of a particular race and also enables you to buy the pics. I think its a great idea. Now, how do i get myself Photographed. Ah yeah, join a race:D

Good point. Never thought of it like that.

Pappy
03-17-2004, 01:20 PM
IT SUCKS:mad: I HATE PICTURES:grr:

Motoman440
03-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

seatec
03-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

You are such a bitter little man, Pappy. HATER!!!

:D J/K

AtvMxRider
03-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Why are some of the pics sideways:huh ?

Tommy 17
03-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Why are some of the pics sideways:huh ?

bc when u buy the picture it'll just be taller then wider... its make so u can buy them;)

seatec
03-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
bc when u buy the picture it'll just be taller then wider... its make so u can buy them;)
Smart ***!:D

He took them holding his camera sideways to get more of a certain aspect on the picture. When he gets the picture transferred to digital format the machine just places them like that on the CD. The machine doesn't know whats on the pic and how it should be oriented it assumes that you want it laying flat like most pics.

I could of course be full of crap here.:D

Tommy 17
03-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by seatec
Smart ***!:D

haha only to jerry

SGA
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM
I really like it. Also I like how the members pics are at the top, and event pics are at the bottom. Its been kind of hard to find the members pics.

03-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Is there anyway that when you click on the pic that it opens a little bigger. I don't think I could see myself in a pic even if I wanted too..:( If someone can't see themselves in a pic then I dont' think they'd be inclined to buy it.

Besides that it is a great idea and I'm sure I'll be buying some pics off of you in the future. You da man Harlum you da man...:cool:

ReconRider25
03-17-2004, 02:08 PM
i dont really like it.:( and why does the exriders logo have to be so big in the race coverage pics? kinda ruins the pic with it being so big.....

Admin
03-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Is there anyway that when you click on the pic that it opens a little bigger. I don't think I could see myself in a pic even if I wanted too..:( If someone can't see themselves in a pic then I dont' think they'd be inclined to buy it.

Besides that it is a great idea and I'm sure I'll be buying some pics off of you in the future. You da man Harlum you da man...:cool:

If you can't see yourself in the enlarged size, then you wouldn't want to buy it anyway because the picture was taken too far away and there isn't anything I can do for it. I have alot of morning pictures that are extremely wide angle.

Admin
03-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
i dont really like it.:( and why does the exriders logo have to be so big in the race coverage pics? kinda ruins the pic with it being so big.....

Sorry Dude, the logo must be there to copyright the image and prevent others from using the pictures without authorization.

Since the gallery is up, I will be reducing the amount of pictures in the race coverage, but I will also decrease the size of the logo on the picture in the race coverage.

ReconRider25
03-17-2004, 04:35 PM
^^^^thanks. itll be much better with it smaller.:cool:

JOEX
03-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Looks good Harlen:macho

I agree with Tommy 17, It might be nice to be able to choose which page to jump to.

A way around that is the user can just change the page number in the address bar.

Another thought is to have each pic open in a new window.

Very minor suggestions.:)

Disaster
03-17-2004, 10:11 PM
I think it looks good to me...Good job admin...:p

QuadJunkies
03-18-2004, 12:41 AM
just when I think the site cant get much better.........

It does..........;) great addition.........

2001400ex
03-18-2004, 05:40 AM
The only thing I suggest is to make the pictures bigger. They are kind of small...but I like the pictures from all the races alot. Good work!

popo
03-18-2004, 06:14 AM
Did the live coverage idea ever come together? I would imagine the logistics of getting the pics posted live is a hassle.

Pappy
03-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by popo
Did the live coverage idea ever come together? I would imagine the logistics of getting the pics posted live is a hassle.

i looked into buying a full digital or dvd recordable camcorder. the price was just over $1000 for a decent one. I just couldnt swing it.

i doubt it would be live, but it could be uploaded and posted within minutes

seatec
03-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Pappy, i actually just bought the Hitachi MiniDVD recorder.
Quality is pretty good and price is $799
PM me if you want to know more about it.

Admin
03-18-2004, 08:43 AM

Nope, its takes more people than just ME! I have everything that is needed, but the people. I have two - three people taking pictures, but I don't have anyone to update the site with standings. I may ask one of the photographers to assist with the computer instead, but it is a work in progress.

Maybe I could get POPO to help if I offer some donuts:eek: He is always willing to lend a comment, but not a hand.

03-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin

Maybe I could get POPO to help if I offer some donuts:eek: He is always willing to lend a comment, but not a hand.

He'll offer a hand out if your handin over a donut or piece of Pie.:o

seatec
03-18-2004, 09:04 AM
I'll be more than happy to help if you need to post pics with extra bandwidth. as long as i can get to them with ftp or other means.
Do you have a wireless internet connection when on site at the races?

popo
03-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin

I'll hand out a whooo-phish next time I see ya hows that!

What help do you need? And I don't eat donut's

Admin
03-18-2004, 12:49 PM
I'll hand out a whooo-phish next time I see ya hows that!

What help do you need? And I don't eat donut's

LMAO!!!:D

It doesn't take much to get POPO worked UP:cool:

I need some to listen to scout the leaders in the class and use the laptop to update the website, and I and others will bring back pictures to update as well during the race.

Anyone????

seatec
03-19-2004, 11:52 AM
And then the Silence set in!:devil: