PDA

View Full Version : anyone have experience with msd, dyna, or vortech igniton?

cals400ex
03-16-2004, 11:13 PM
i was just wondering if anyone has had experience with any of these ignitons. i would going to just get an aftermarket rev box but realized i might as well get a new igniton. prices, quality, installation ease, differences, or any other suggestions would be great. thanks cal

UglyMotha™
03-17-2004, 06:15 AM
pm foleyit he's running an aftermarket ignition i believe it's msd :o

TORO1968
03-17-2004, 01:50 PM
I just ordered my MSD ignition this morning from MPS Racing for $391. It should be pretty sweet.

I revived an old MSD post a couple of days ago...you should check it out, tons of good info there!

Once I get all of my parts (HMF Ballance Pro Series full system, FCR 39mm carb, and MSD ignition), I'm gonna do a write-up/review on all of them. :D

-Jordan

cals400ex
03-17-2004, 03:17 PM
i am interested in the writeup on all of the products. however, when installing them all at once, you won't know which product gave the best power gains.

TORO1968
03-17-2004, 04:01 PM
I know I won't install the carb without the exhaust, but I may end up installing the exhaust with the stock carb in place to see what I gain from it alone.

I'll probably install the ignition and carb together once the exhaust is on, therefore, I'll only have to dial everything in once. :)

BTW, MPS Racing doesn't stock the MSD ignition, but can get it within 7-10 days and then ship it to you... I guess the saying, "Good things come to those who wait..." is right! :D

-Jordan