PDA

View Full Version : need help building first quad

440exnacsracer
03-16-2004, 09:53 PM
hey, i have decided to build my own quad from the ground up. well not completely, buy using a 400ex motor and chassis, i will work off of that. i was thinking laker custom carbon plastic with a titanium pc'd frame and a ct 440 kit. are ct's kits strong or has someone had better luck from some other large company? (trinity,etc) thanks and any advice is appreciated
Ben

SnellCRP
03-16-2004, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't always say that the large companies will build the motors with the most HP and good reliability. They have either marketed and advertised themselves extremely well or have a good reputation for building great motors. If I were you I would buy a bike already built. They are ALOT cheaper just ask anyone on exriders they will tell you the same. If you have your heart set on building one start with the tires/wheels, then suspension, then motor. This way you will be gaining experience as you go and then when its time to build up the motor you will have already be able to use all the power that the stock motor can put out and you will really be able to use the added power of the modified motor. Personally, as far as the engine, I would buy parts from a reputable shop (Sparks or Baldwin) and have a local reputable builder assemble the motor. That way you will not be out of a bike for months and if you have problems with it you can go right to him instead of only dealing with him over the phone. Just my .02.