PDA

View Full Version : 400EX in OHIO

smount101
03-16-2004, 07:47 PM
I just got a 400EX and put a K&N air filter, airbox vents, and fmf megamax II pipe on it. Dynojet kit is on the way. Does anyone in Ohio have a similar setup and know what jets to run? I figure i'll have to keep trying until i get the right one, I was just wondering if anyone living here or close to here (due to altitude) would know which jets i would need to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

UglyMotha™
03-16-2004, 08:30 PM
i ran a similar setup with a dj170 only with no airbox lid and a whitebros e series, but close enough

dtycoon
03-16-2004, 08:34 PM
I don't live in Ohio, but I run a similar setup and also use the dynojet kit. I just followed the reccomendations from dynojet and my machine runs like a champ and my plug is a nice tanish brown color. It has made me a believer in dynojet kits. Hope that helps.

smount101
03-16-2004, 08:45 PM
So all i need to do is change the main jet to 170? Nothing to the needle or pilot jet? Thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate the help.

Bad Azz Bob
03-16-2004, 08:51 PM
A friend of mine has FMF Power Core 4 with Power Bomb Header and a K&N filter, we live in Southern NH and he runs a 155. So i'd try like a 160.

smount101
03-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Was his dynojet or another brand... from what i hear the numbers are a lot different.

UglyMotha™
03-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Bad *** Bob
A friend of mine has FMF Power Core 4 with Power Bomb Header and a K&N filter, we live in Southern NH and he runs a 155. So i'd try like a 160.

were talking about dynojets not khein jets the dynojet number run larger than the regular kheins so STICK with the 170, just follow the directions that come with the kit and you'll be fine yes you will have to move the clip on your needle matter of fact your goin to replace the needle completly cause the kit comes with a new needle that has a differnt taper to it than the stocker also your goin to have to change the air-fuel screw some it think it's like 2 and half turns out or somthing i don't remember it's been a while and i have long since got rid of the kit but just follow the directions that come with your kit