PDA

View Full Version : How much should I expect to pay?

nj87ttype
03-16-2004, 05:26 PM
I have a couple of questions. How much should I expect to pay for a tire & wheel package (just the 2 rear tires/wheels)? I was thinkin about ITP wheels with ITP holeshots & I also like those kenda klaws tires. Also, is changing the front sprocket a "do it yourself" job? Another thing I dont fully understand is the different "ply" of tires that are available, which one would be best for a combination of trail/sand riding? Sorry so many questions, I'm still learning about all this stuff. :cool:

TheFontMaster
03-16-2004, 06:08 PM
You can expect to pay about 300$ for the wheels and tires. As for the front sproket, I've never changed one but its only 2 bolts that need to come out, and you'd need to remove the chaun. So you can decide for yourself if you think you're up to the job. The higher the ply rating the stronger the tire will be. Both the Kendas and the ITP's come in a 6 ply version, I think they are also a little more expensive, but it's worth it for the extra strenght.

Tommy 17
03-16-2004, 07:13 PM
www.rockymountainatv.com

they have the best package deals to check out on the net... call C&D racing or the QUADSHOP they usually a little bit cheaper...

don't get itp rims get the douglas .190 its a better rim...

the font master 300$ u nutz try 180 - 200$

to take off the front sproket loosen the 2 bolts on the side of it... put slack in your chain and turn the clip till it lines up and u can pull it off... then pull the sproket off... it should take 5 mins if that... its super easy...

the ply of the tire is how hard it is to puncture... the higher the ply the stronger/more resistant to punctures then a lower ply tire... a higher ply tire also weighs more then a lower ply tire...

nj87ttype
03-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Cool I'll check out that site. Thanks for the info guys.

muff
03-17-2004, 04:50 AM
changing the front sprocket is easy, loosen the chain, undo the front 2 sprocket bolts, rotate the litttle plate and pull that and then the sprocket off

rockymountain has the best tire/rim combo packages, for what you'll be doing a 4ply tire would probably be the best, you dont need the pull weight and toughness of the 6ply for the ridin your doin