PDA

View Full Version : Brake Blockoff/ New Clutch Lever

Quadfather
03-07-2002, 04:51 PM
I just took the parking brake assembly off of my quad. I put the rear block peice on. My clutch lever is all sloppy now, so I'm in the market for a new clutch lever. Any ideas on a nice, easy pulling unit? Also, what about the electrical swith I hear when I pull my clutch? I've heard people talk about twisting the wires together.
What does that do?

All info greatly appreciated.

400MXer
03-07-2002, 05:10 PM
Might i suggest an RTC or a Works connection lever..they are both good.

as for the wire....you need to twist them together, if you don't, you will only be able to start your quad in neutral...if you twist them together, you can start it in any gear and without your clutch lever pulled in.

coryatver
03-07-2002, 05:14 PM
I got the speed racing clutch/perch. it is working great. It was $25. It is pretty much the same as a cr. There is also the works connection one it is the best you can get but it cost more than 100 bucks.
Those wires just unplug and you need to hook them together. They are for a switch in the stock perch that is designed to not let the motor start when it is in gear without the clutch being pulled in. When the wires are hooked together it will start in gear but if you don't hook them together i don't think it will start at all.

400MXer
03-07-2002, 05:49 PM
they quad will still start, but only in neutral

03-07-2002, 05:52 PM
well, aside from a magura hydrolic one, i HAD a pep ez clutch, felt awsome, and pulled easy, plus came wit 2 pep stickers, those stickers added a large amount of top end :D

tprender
03-07-2002, 06:09 PM
If you like the feel of the stock lever. Take the bolt out and use that lever and all that you need to buy is the perch. The perch that you will need is the XR perch not the CR style. I think that the bend is the same on both of them. The XR is a little stronger and then's to not break as easy when you crash. Not that any of us are upside down very often.
If you lube the cable often, the pull should not be very hard. This way it will only cost you about $10 and you can buy more stickers and you know how much faster you will be then.

Lil90man!!
03-07-2002, 06:19 PM
hey just an idea for you crashaholics out there but when you put your perch on put loctite or silicone on the threads of the bolts and tighten it till it will still move but only when u push it so hopefully if ya SOMEHOW end up upside down:rolleyes: hopefully it will just spin and not break it:D saved a few levers that way!

quadfamily
03-07-2002, 09:35 PM
We have the Moose clutch perch/lever on two of our quads. I love them. They have: needle bearings, easy adjust wheel, teflon bushing where it contacts the handlebars so it can spin if it gets hit if you flip the quad, easy pull, good looks/quality. Costs around $40-45.

VegasEx'r
03-08-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by tprender
If you lube the cable often, the pull should not be very hard.

Alright, this is a stupid question, but what's the best stuff to use to lube the cable? Will any silicone-based lube work? What's the best stuff to use?