PDA

View Full Version : What's it cost to get a motor stroked to a 465?

razer
03-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Just curious. My engine builder was curious about what some of the other engine builders charge to do this. I tried Sparks but he said they didn't stroke motors, just bore them.

Anyone have any experience with various builders?

Knips178
03-16-2004, 02:05 PM
go to www.powroll.com and check them out. That's probably your cheapest route to a stroker. They do a 4mm stroke that coupled with a 440 kit it gives you a 465.

on a side note: they claim it give you like 80% increase in power, but my buddy had them stroke a crankshaft for him and he built it up with all the goodies (41mm fcr, stage 2 cam, full exhaust, port and polish, larger valves...etc) and the thing only put out 38 horses! He then dyno'd a 440 high compression non-stroker and got 36 horses with identical torque curves. So in the end the extra $600 plus only netted 2 ponies.

p.s. He called Powroll and asked them why he wasn't getting up around 40+ horses and they said he wouldn't be able to. They (Powroll) says that their stroker kit will not give that much power!

03-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Keep in mind some places will give you all the HP you want and no reliability...while others will give you more HP and better reliablity which is what powroll probably focuses on...;) there are a lot of factors that go into building a motor that give different HP numbers. Comparing one companies HP numbers for a 465 kit to anothers without every single detail of what goes into each build is just pissing in the wind.:cool: