PDA

View Full Version : Port'n The Head??

EXDUNER127
03-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Is there a performance gain for port'n polishing the head of of a 400ex with a pipe , filter and bored out carb w/ out choke.
someone told me to this, when i had just a slip on, they said to get a full exhaust and port and polish the head and you will get good gains with the port and polish, and he said i needed the head pipe to let more air out.

is this true cause i got the full exhaust, or do you need anything else to for this to work?

zephead400ex
03-16-2004, 11:56 AM
As long as you have an aftermarket header you should be fine. There are a few more things you could do like a new piston, cam, etc. But for now, the aftermarket header with produce more back pressure allowing the port and polish to go to work.

Hope this helps.

EXDUNER127
03-16-2004, 12:01 PM
so there will be some benifits to port and polish for now until i get a cam and piston later? Cause my boss has a friend that owes him some favors and owns a custom motorcycle shop and said he will do it for almost nothing?

EXDUNER127
03-16-2004, 01:01 PM
BUMP

bumpnzx3
03-16-2004, 01:21 PM
i say do it- as long as the guy knows what he is doing- it's def. not going to hurt performance. while you have the top end off to have the head ported- you may as well get a different piston and cam while you are at it:macho