PDA

View Full Version : Build a 416 in KC area

GoOn3
03-16-2004, 08:37 AM
I live in Kansas City. Does anybody know of a good mechanic who can build my 400 to a 416 in this area?
Thanks!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-16-2004, 09:30 AM
too bad you are 8 hrs from us we would build it for you :) We are hoping to go down that way 1st weekend of april :) to Lebanon MO

zephead400ex
03-16-2004, 09:30 AM
C&D Racing. They are the site sponser and are located in Nebraska.

www.cdracingonline.com

Bad Habit
03-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Dude, get a service manual and have at it. It's not that big a deal if you have any mechanical ability at all. Seriously, I've been told by a few people (both in and out of the quad scene) that Shawnee Cycle is one of the best places in town for motor work.

If you decide to tackle it yourself, I can get you with the shop in Raymore that bored my cylinder for me. That's really the only thing you need specialty tools/equipment for. Unless you want the head ported/polished as well, then it's best to send the head to one of the shops that's actually done some flow testing on them.

What part of KC are you in?

Later
Dan

GoOn3
03-16-2004, 01:06 PM
I live up north. I plan on having it ported and polished as well, and a new carb. All I've done is the maintenance and replace broken parts, no engine work. I would feel more comfortable having someone who has done it before either help or just have me pay 'em to do it.

03-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by GoOn3
I live in Kansas City. Does anybody know of a good mechanic who can build my 400 to a 416 in this area?
Thanks!

i had the same problem as you...i jus sent it out to sparks...they did an excellent job on it...very pleased...try them first for sure...are you going to little sahara this weekend...if so ill be there :D

markeg192
03-16-2004, 07:35 PM
A 416 is just an .80 over piston. there is alot of shops in KC that can do it but I would say send it to someone who can also do the bigger headbolt since stock ones tend to pull with a bigger bores and increased compression. If you do port send it off and get it done right.