View Full Version : Roll Call: Powerline Park Poker Run

RIDER11X
03-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Cost: $15.00 Per Rider
Over 20 miles of trails
Information available at 1-800-847-3287

Gate Opens at 8:00 am

(4 miles West of Ohio Valley Mall)
Take State Rt #331 to Belmont County Technical College.
Turn right on Hammond Road & follow the signs to Powerline Park.

This challenging 22+ mile course is loaded with tight wooded terrain, lots of off-camber and plenty of mud and rocks. It will be the same course as the October 25th run which everyone really seemed to enjoy. This is a difficult course and covers lots of the GNCC Cross-Country National Course plus virgin farm land which is only open during these poker runs. The most difficult sections are marked and can be by-passed.

Who is going? I plan to be there!!!!! :macho

pa_countryboy
03-16-2004, 09:36 AM
im plannin on goin

Crazy Honda
03-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X

Who is going? I plan to be there!!!!! :macho

Dont you mean you will be there behind my yfz :devil: :eek: :blah: !!!!!!!

RIDER11X
03-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Honda
Dont you mean you will be there behind my yfz :devil: :eek: :blah: !!!!!!!

Did you notice the part that says: This challenging 22+ mile course is loaded with tight wooded terrain, lots of off-camber and plenty of mud and rocks. It will be the same course as the October 25th run which everyone really seemed to enjoy. This is a difficult course and covers lots of the GNCC Cross-Country National Course plus virgin farm land which is only open during these poker runs. The most difficult sections are marked and can be by-passed because Crazy Honda is coming. :devil:

This requires more than going in a straight line up and down a dirt road! You are gonna be :cuss: all day at me because because you can't keep up. :D :D

blackraptor01
03-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Marc is that the YZF that was afraid to come out and play in the mud....:eek2:

Crazy Honda
03-16-2004, 10:51 PM
so where were you on sunday when 11x couldent see? at least that was his excuse that time :rolleyes: :blah: so blackraptor01 you to be the next to feel the rath of the 450 ?:devil: :blah: :devil: :p

RIDER11X
03-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor01
Marc is that the YZF that was afraid to come out and play in the mud....:eek2:

Yea, that is the Trailer Queen I was telling you about. All show and no go. I got new Razor 2's on so my 400 will be tilling soil onto the Trailer Queen all day Saturday. Are you going to join us? He said no Dale can whoop his YFZ. I think he needs to be made a believer and see what a fast paced ride is all about! You gotta come along, it will be a blast!:devil:

blackraptor01
03-17-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm your Huckleberry:devil:

Marc I won't be able to attend the poker run. I have to much going on and my rims aren't here yet!!!!! I will be up to ride after this weekend.

Crazy Honda
03-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor01
I'm your Huckleberry:devil:

Marc I won't be able to attend the poker run. I have to much going on and my rims aren't here yet!!!!! I will be up to ride after this weekend. Sounds like someone is scared of the lil guy on thr yfz who cant come play in the mud:eek:

RIDER11X
03-19-2004, 09:42 AM
We are less than 24hrs. away, and I can't wait! Crazy Honda will be riding behind me wondering what quad he can buy that is faster than a YFZ450 that may help him keep up!:devil: Don't worry Crazy Honda, I'll wait up for you at each checkpoint, and I'll bring papertowels for you cry into and wipe your nose. LMAO!:devil:

LTandRaptorider
03-20-2004, 06:36 PM
We are less than 24hrs. away, and I can't wait! Crazy Honda will be riding behind me wondering what quad he can buy that is faster than a YFZ450 that may help him keep up!:devil: Don't worry Crazy Honda, I'll wait up for you at each checkpoint, and I'll bring papertowels for you cry into and wipe your nose. LMAO!:devil:

Well, I'm SHOCKED you haven't told us about it yet! :devil: I hear you got a real CHARGE out of riding today... :eek: :D You've had AMPle time to tell us... come on, keep us CURRENT! :blah: Are you still on the FENCE about crazy honda's YFZ?? :devil: OK, I'll stop... I really should learn how to CONDUCT myself!

RIDER11X
03-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Well, I'm SHOCKED you haven't told us about it yet! :devil: I hear you got a real CHARGE out of riding today... :eek: :D You've had AMPle time to tell us... come on, keep us CURRENT! :blah: Are you still on the FENCE about crazy honda's YFZ?? :devil: OK, I'll stop... I really should learn how to CONDUCT myself!

Ok ok, I'll fess up. The ride went well with the excetion of Mtn. Dew Racing broke a lower shockmount in the front...........and I ummmm well, thought I saw a better line when he was stuck once and hit the line with speed to hit what seemed to be an invisible brick wall that took me off of the back of the quad and stood it up on the grab bar, it was then I felt a noticable tingling, that was coming from the 5 wire electric fence I hit, and was now laying on one of the strands!:eek2: My quad was weaved between the wires and we had a wonderful time trying to free it.:rolleyes:
No, I don't know why I didn't see it.:huh

Crazy Honda
03-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Well I think I know why Rider11x didnt see the fence he was tring to keep up with my yfz he was haveing a lot of trouble. I think he saw the tail pipe one time for about 2 sec then he was way to slow left him in the mud I was at the truck for an hour waiting for that slow mo fo...in his defence Mtn. Dew broke his lower shock mount but the way i herd rider11x was haveing trouble keeping up with with him broken shock amd all

So rider11x what about that straight line coment ?:confused: notice you havent said much about me and the yfz:devil:

LTandRaptorider you should have come maby I would have had someone to ride with :D Well I had a good time that was my first poker run and will be doing more looking even got to drag a pred in the feild at the trucks got the thing 2 times then he quit .

LTandRaptorider
03-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Well I think I know why Rider11x didnt see the fence he was tring to keep up with my yfz he was haveing a lot of trouble. I think he saw the tail pipe one time for about 2 sec then he was way to slow left him in the mud I was at the truck for an hour waiting for that slow mo fo...in his defence Mtn. Dew broke his lower shock mount but the way i herd rider11x was haveing trouble keeping up with with him broken shock amd all

So rider11x what about that straight line coment ?:confused: notice you havent said much about me and the yfz:devil:

LTandRaptorider you should have come maby I would have had someone to ride with :D Well I had a good time that was my first poker run and will be doing more looking even got to drag a pred in the feild at the trucks got the thing 2 times then he quit .

Yeah, sorry to hear you had to ride alone! rider11x has been awfully quiet... :p Perhaps the tables have finally turned? :eek2: We will have to get together sometime, I'm anxious to see how my LT stacks up against your YFZ. I don't like to lose... should be fun! :macho I'll have to make a trip back for that, you should be in your bachelor pad by then, so I'll have a place to stay!! :devil:

Crazy Honda
03-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah, sorry to hear you had to ride alone! rider11x has been awfully quiet... :p Perhaps the tables have finally turned? :eek2: We will have to get together sometime, I'm anxious to see how my LT stacks up against your YFZ. I don't like to lose... should be fun! :macho I'll have to make a trip back for that, you should be in your bachelor pad by then, so I'll have a place to stay!! :devil: :eek: :eek2: :devil:

RIDER11X
03-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Now to set the record straight!:rolleyes: We started, all at the same time, with me leading Crazy Honda behind me, and then Rick(Mtn.Dew Racing). Rick stopped along the first 5 miles to take a soil sample of the along the trail. Crazy Honda managed to pass me when I took a bad line and spun my way though some mud, and we stopped for two breaks as I was careful to not try to make an unfair pass on a break, then Crazy Honda decided to run like a little girl the rest of the poker run, never stopping to wait up because he is not so good at dealing with the pressures of wheel to wheel racing, and was not taking any chances of me putting the pressure on him.
So, Crazy Honda, don't sleep too well thinking you got it all wrapped up, the old guy will always be the threat that will cost you sleep the night before a ride or race!:D :D :D

LTandRaptorider
03-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Now to set the record straight!:rolleyes: We started, all at the same time, with me leading Crazy Honda behind me, and then Rick(Mtn.Dew Racing). Rick stopped along the first 5 miles to take a soil sample of the along the trail. Crazy Honda managed to pass me when I took a bad line and spun my way though some mud, and we stopped for two breaks as I was careful to not try to make an unfair pass on a break, then Crazy Honda decided to run like a little girl the rest of the poker run, never stopping to wait up because he is not so good at dealing with the pressures of wheel to wheel racing, and was not taking any chances of me putting the pressure on him.
So, Crazy Honda, don't sleep too well thinking you got it all wrapped up, the old guy will always be the threat that will cost you sleep the night before a ride or race!:D :D :D

Ah ha! The truth comes out!! I don't remember you and me needing to stop for any breaks... :confused: And that would've been one ugly little girl running! :eek2:

Crazy Honda
03-21-2004, 05:10 PM
So, Crazy Honda, don't sleep too well thinking you got it all wrapped up, the old guy will always be the threat that will cost you sleep the night before a ride or race!:D :D :D Again lets set the this straight :rolleyes: after I got started out running ?seems like you had a chance at the mud hole when I stalled it you where there so how do you figure i ran like a lil girl? I made sure every one was moveing befor I took to the gas me and the guy on the lt stoped many times but never heard the sound of the lil 400s again I even washed mine in a lil creak to buy you some time as the guy on the lt wanted to keep going and never saw you for a long time :rolleyes: so now we have this straight whats you excuse?:eek: :eek2: :eek2: :rolleyes:

RIDER11X
03-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Again lets set the this straight :rolleyes: after I got started out running ?seems like you had a chance at the mud hole when I stalled it you where there so how do you figure i ran like a lil girl? I made sure every one was moveing befor I took to the gas me and the guy on the lt stoped many times but never heard the sound of the lil 400s again I even washed mine in a lil creak to buy you some time as the guy on the lt wanted to keep going and never saw you for a long time :rolleyes: so now we have this straight whats you excuse?:eek: :eek2: :eek2: :rolleyes:
Tell yourself that long enough and maybe you will believe it.;) We know how you are Crazy Honda, and yesterday was no different. :eek: :D :D

RIDER11X
03-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Ah ha! The truth comes out!! I don't remember you and me needing to stop for any breaks... :confused: And that would've been one ugly little girl running! :eek2:

We were on a poker run not the GNCC race. Breaks are for the stone breaking at Crazy Honda's expense. Apperently he had enough. And yes, he is an ugly little girl!!!:eek: :D

LTandRaptorider
03-21-2004, 07:07 PM
We were on a poker run not the GNCC race. Breaks are for the stone breaking at Crazy Honda's expense. Apperently he had enough. And yes, he is an ugly little girl!!!:eek: :D

Did he have his second place... lunch bag with him?? :rolleyes: :p

RIDER11X
03-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Did he have his second place... lunch bag with him?? :rolleyes: :p No, but you can bet we talked about it!:D

Crazy Honda
03-21-2004, 07:34 PM
No, but you can bet we talked about it!:D

Rider11x the photographer all he can do now.So when you getting a 4x4?And as I rember you wernt racing that day to old?:devil:

RIDER11X
03-21-2004, 07:47 PM
Rider11x the photographer all he can do now.So when you getting a 4x4?And as I rember you wernt racing that day to old?:devil:
Glad you can ride a little better than you can spell.:rolleyes: :D