PDA

View Full Version : pep damper

yamblaster200
03-15-2004, 10:32 PM
I just bought a pep stabilizer and i have no idea what to expect. I did a search and found alot about mounting them and people that are selling them but nothing about performance. I run a completely stock 400ex at the d6 hare scrambles and this past sunday with all the ruts and bumps that kept catching my wheels my arms got pumped up in no time. How much of a difference will i see with the damper? Will it smooth out the ride enough for now or will i need aftermarket suspension?

JOEX
03-15-2004, 10:42 PM
I do think stabilizers help but there's no comparison to aftermarket suspension. I don't plan on taking off the stabilizer though.

I didn't ride my quad for six months, I am very out of shape, not that I was really in shape:p After riding it with the new front end, PEP LM shocks on Burgard +1 arms, I had ZERO arm pump:) The rest of the body was sore for awhile:p

03-15-2004, 11:31 PM
i dont have the pep but I do have the denton....same thing pretty much....I love mine & will never ride without it again...i have mine set on 6 out of 7 being hard & it performs gr8

yamblaster200
03-15-2004, 11:52 PM
yeah i checked around and no one had the denton so i had to settle for the pep. I wanted to get the denton cuz of the adjustablility, having never rode with one b4. I just need to cut down on the beating my arms and hands take. Also i had to change my riding gloves out for the thick winter type gloves cuz my riding gloves were too thin and from the handlebars jarring around my hands were hurting me. Is there anything i can do about that? I was thinking about putting on some oury grips cuz of how soft they are. Would that help or is there something better i can do cheaply? I tried the silicone in the handlebars thing and didn't really notice a difference. Is there anything else? thanx

yamblaster200
03-18-2004, 09:50 PM
well, my buddy picked them up today and we're gonna go riding on sat to check them out b4 the race on sunday. we both have stock 400ex's with just the dampers on....so we're going to only install one and ride and switch quads and see the difference. Hopefully it really cuts down on the fatigue factor.

KY Woods Rider
03-19-2004, 12:27 AM
You probably won't feel a drastic difference at first, you'll just know that the bars aren't jerking around, but you won't pay attention to how much it really helps. You'll fully appreciate the stabilizer when you ride with it for a few weeks and then you ride a quad that doesn't have one, because after getting used to the stabilizer, any quad that doesn't have one will feel like it's jerking all over the place.

PhilMoore
03-19-2004, 01:09 PM
You might want to check into the Houser Wrist Rester.

I put one on my 400EX and it helped alot. I got mine from C&D. It was a bit expensive, but it does work.

It feels a little wierd at first because the bars move forward. You get used to it though and appreciate it.

yamblaster200
03-20-2004, 06:29 PM
i put it on today...we went riding and his had one and mine didn't and it was a big difference. the only thing i didn't like was it took more effort to turn the bars in the tight twisty stuff. I'm racing at the dutchman tomorro so i'll see how it helps with the arm pump. Also I think my next thing i get is going to be one of those wrist arresters...i've been looking at them.

03-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by yamblaster200
the only thing i didn't like was it took more effort to turn the bars in the tight twisty stuff. the more expensice ones will make it easy to turn in that stuff with the dampner still all they way up...I dont know how it works