PDA

View Full Version : DG or AC Nerfs?

Jekyl_22
08-21-2001, 08:43 PM
I have been wondering... AC or DG Pro Peg Nerf Bars? I have a 400ex and I am looking for nerfs with pegs, but I am also looking to save money. The DG Pro Pegs are about $20-$30 cheaper, plus they have the extended upslant thing on the pegs. I also saw a picture (pg.263 in Chaparral) of the AC Pro Pegs with some things to keep your feet from hitting the rear tires, do those come with them. If not, can you order them somewhere? . If anyone has some recommendations, comments, or some pictures of either ones, I would really appreciate it.....thanks. :macho

08-21-2001, 10:13 PM
The AC ProPegs are unlike the DGs in that the pegs are set at the stock height and not 1 down and 1 back. The foot guards is why they cost higher than AC's standard nerfs. The foot guards are removable by the way. I dont know if dealers sell them w/o the guards but I know buying direct from AC they wont as I was told "Its for your safety"....Bah, Dont call them PRO Pegs then. How many Pros do ya ever see running with foot guards in MX? The angle of the nerf is also bent slightly upwards to keep from digging in on landings if you so happen to case it or bottom out.

Maybe AC needs to try that out.....ProPeg series for MX/TT and CC....let the buyer decide if they want a ProPeg with a foot guard with standard peg height or one with no guard and repositioned footpegs.

Ok, I see the red light is flashing so guess my 3 minutes on the soap box is over :D

Later

Jekyl_22
08-21-2001, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info....does anyone have any pictures on the DG Pro Pegs though? :macho

Jekyl_22
08-22-2001, 11:06 PM
Nevermind......I called DG today and they said that they haven't been producing the DG Pro Pegs for about 9 months....... AC it is!

crday98
08-23-2001, 01:27 AM
i heard dg was recalling and stopping production of their pro-pegs for some kind of safety reason.i don't know any more details but that is what i overheard at the local shop.

Jekyl_22
08-23-2001, 09:08 PM
Did you hear if they were gonna make any new ones?
:macho

crday98
08-24-2001, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Jekyl_22
Did you hear if they were gonna make any new ones?
:macho nope, but if i do i will post it.