PDA

View Full Version : Burgard carrier Owners

JD400exrider
03-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Pulled my stock carrier out last night to repolace with the burgard. One of the outside O rings on my stock one was toast. The burgard carrier did not appear to have a groove cut for the O ring. Installed the burgard with out the large o rings on the sides. Are these needed on the after market carriers? What will it hurt

JOEX
03-15-2004, 09:38 PM
I haven't had any trouble with mine. I do suggest taking it out occasionally to clean inbetween the carrier and swing arm.

JD400exrider
03-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Joex Did you install those large o rings (They look like a flat O ring) on yours when you installed it ? I beleive it is to keep the carrier from slipping when tightened. I greased the lobes and the edges of the carrier before slipping it in.

JOEX
03-15-2004, 10:21 PM
No, I didn't use the o-rings. I didn't lube it either, well I did at first then was told not to. Took it out cleaned of the lube, sprayed it with WD-40 and put back in. I haven't had any problem with it slipping.

JD400exrider
03-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks Joex.

Thanks Joex. I guess. No O rings Yaa Hoo . Greased it up :(

shamisc
03-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah you shouldn't grease it up at all !! This will cause your chain adjustment to loosen very easy while riding. I would take it out , clean the grease off, and use a light coat of WD40.;)

JD400exrider
03-15-2004, 10:59 PM
I got that idea of greasing the lobes off the FAQ section posted from Rico written by durablue.

03-16-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
I got that idea of greasing the lobes off the FAQ section posted from Rico written by durablue.

Oh so now it's my fault...:eek:

Just kidden.. I spray the inside down with WD-40 before reinstalling it and I also didn't use the large stock O-ring's that went on the stock carrier.. I"m very happy with the burgard carrier but the LS axle in it sucks butt...:mad: