PDA

View Full Version : so is anyone runnin haspins homo series?

worm
03-15-2004, 08:36 PM
the MX series? im goign to run it for fun since all of my family does.. i won the first moto in 4 srk open..i holeshotted and led it all, in the second moto i didnt get the holeshot cause of some raptor rubbibn me..on the second lap i tried to pass for 2bnd hit dides tire and flipped like 8 feet into the air,,i finished 5th overall.
.lets go racin

matt400ex
03-15-2004, 09:27 PM
What kind of bike were you on? Thought it was a YFZ. I'm planning on racing the whole season to. You landed on my buddy's z400, and trashed his guard behind his a-arms. I know you didn't mean to do it though, just racin. I played with my tire pressure some in the 2nd moto and got everybody on the holeshot. Not bad for stockers. It was fun though. Hope to see you at the next race.
Matt

worm
03-16-2004, 11:43 AM
wellt ell him im sorry.... i couldnt get around you guys at all and was tired of eating your roost...i flipped hard..my biek is completely stock.. will you be there on the 3rd? ill hav to get up w/ ou and say hey.. i need tires bad..did you see mine? stock banshee tires 3/4 bald. see yea

lshonda310
03-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by worm
so is anyone runnin haspins homo series? the MX series? im goign to run it for fun

I always thought you MX guys were kind of funny:eek2:

03-16-2004, 12:33 PM
I'd like to make it up there for at least one of these races. I love the big track up there. very fast which is what I like..:devil:

worm
03-16-2004, 01:11 PM
now you know i only say that because the track isnt technical but fast.
they run the track a little different because it is too fast. after the big tables theres now a left hanger into a downhill right hander ..to tight left back onto the track..this takes those 2 little double-table jumps out of the middle where a lot of speed is .. come out.
but rico youd have to run another # for MX im 311

03-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by worm

but rico youd have to run another # for MX im 311

:mad: :mad:

dems fighten werds....:macho

matt400ex
03-16-2004, 06:56 PM
The rest of the dates are....

APRIL 3rd....NIGHT MX
APRIL 4TH...BIG TRACK
APRIL 18TH..BIG TRACK
MAY 23RD....SMALL TRACK
OCT 9TH......NIGHT MX
OCT 10TH....BIG TRACK
OCT 17TH....BIG TRACK
OCT 23RD....NIGHT MX
NOV 14TH....SMALL TRACK

The night races will be on the small track. 7 plaques per class, and they've got a class for everyone. I was suprised by how fast everything went Sunday. Hopefully they can keep it moving like that all year.

Sign ups for the day races are at 8:30, and the night races are at 4:30. Indiana time's when daylight savings comes around.

lukester720
04-01-2004, 03:05 AM
I've been trying to find those dates. Thanks matt!

matt400ex
04-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Anybody camping out this weekend? I'm still debating going home and coming back in the morning. Either way, I can't wait to try out the little track. :) Hopefully I'll ge tot use some of this "top-o-the-line" stock suspension. lol

worm
04-01-2004, 06:59 PM
oh yea you think youre gonna beat me again?
i hate how daMN NARROW THE tracks are cause by chance i odnt hole shot you all i kand get around and when i try i flip and land on my head...well be camping..therell be a bumch of us..stay the night its fun.. i have to go to FT, know saturday and 5 in the mornig for a state wide competition for the MARINES...and im leaving at 12 to get to haspin around 4...ill be wore out b4 i even race... good luck man..well have to meat up b4 we race.. cool...you remember what quad i ride? its stock besides tires and nerfs.w cut fender...blue....say hey! later

matt400ex
04-01-2004, 07:25 PM
It's gonna be about the holeshot on the little track. There's not much of anywhere to pass on it. The big track has the room, but at those speeds, you've got to pick your lines :eek2: See you there.

lukester720
04-01-2004, 07:33 PM
There is only about 3 decent places to pass on the small track. And that's only if the people your trying to pass haven't rode the track yet. But you never know they might actually have the track groomed up pretty nice. That would make it interesting.

honda250xrider
04-01-2004, 07:49 PM
i should be up there sat. and sun. on a 250x #3

VIGILANTE MAN
04-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Is it seriously called the HOMO series? I'm suprised Hareracer hasn't signed up.

worm
04-02-2004, 12:26 PM
helll no it isnt called that...i called it that because it is a haspin race..the races are beginner kind of..its just hih speed around the track no major jumps or whoops..but it is fun as hell. come out and ride~!

VIGILANTE MAN
04-02-2004, 02:29 PM
I didn't figure it was called that, but that thread title made me chuckle every time I saw it.

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather be racing harescrambles.

worm
04-05-2004, 10:01 AM
did anyone show up? i was at the state wide Marine recruit competition and ddint make it till midway through saturday nights motos.. but i did race sunday! i was #1 on a blue YFZ...i got 2 hole shots and 2 moto wins! i was pretty happy but i didnt see you...the guy w. the DMC YFZ..you beat me in the second moto last time...see you all later!

honda250xrider
04-05-2004, 01:36 PM
i got 2nd saturday and 2nd sunday in 4 stroke std. Saturday the guy on the 450r was pretty much ripping up the track on that thing.

worm
04-05-2004, 01:57 PM
i saw that kid ride wasnt he like 14? i wish to god i could have made it to race that track... he looked good but there was a guy not far behind on a 400ex that raced sunday i think...i was hoping that guy in the 450 would have stayed..

honda250xrider
04-05-2004, 02:02 PM
im pretty sure he was older than that, im thinking 16-17, I was told that he was the kid who raced std. 4 stroke class last year and won that series. So if you remember seeing a black 300 last year that would be the same kid. I got this off of the old results from last year and this about sounds like a familiar name from yesterday i'm not sure if you can remember his name being called but does Travis Elliot sound right?

matt400ex
04-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Worm,
After everything going wrong on Saturday, I stayed home. During practice I endoed my quad for the first time. I didn't know it at the time, but I bruised my ribs and spleen. I also bent my sub-frame. I raced but sucked. I couldn't hardly move on the quad, but enough with the excuses.
My friend Jake flipped in the same spot in the 2nd moto and broke both bones in his arm. He had a bone sticking out of his arm, and they took him to Connersville, then UC hospital. I didn't get home until 2:30, and didn't have any way up there Sunday.
Congrats on the win! The guy with the 450R looked good. I wish I could have given him a better run, but I'm the first to admit.... I SUCKED out there. Oh well, there's always a next time.

cdalejef
04-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by VIGILANTE MAN
Is it seriously called the HOMO series? I'm suprised Hareracer hasn't signed up. Why do you think Rico is so excited about going now!

worm
04-05-2004, 07:51 PM
hey ...yea i saw your buddy go down in the whoops..i saw his arm..it was really bad...hope he gets feeling better...so how did the hole shot go w. the 450r?

i know what you mean about not having a ride.. my cousin had to leave haspin at about 7 to come get me and i made it up there at about 9:30 to watch you guys...
i dont think im going to race it any more..it cost too much w/ no sponsors to ride that track... i may race my banshee next time though..i want to mess w/ my cousin a little bit..good luck you all

matt400ex
04-05-2004, 08:43 PM
The Fudged up the holeshot too. I stalled it in the first moto, and I'm not even sure what happen in the 2nd. I think I pulled even with everbody, but was on the outside couldn't cut in. I might race some of the big track races, but that small one bites. If you'd have seen that back stretch, you'd know what I mean. There were rocks, and bricks poking up out of the ground. Thats Haspin though.
I was looking for you that night. If you make any of the other races, keep an eye out for me. See ya.

Matt