PDA

View Full Version : cr250 rear shock on 300ex

roar
03-15-2004, 08:08 PM
I was just wandering what it would take to put a cr rear shock on a 300. I heard of a guy doing it, but I don't know all he had to do to make it work.

toby400ex
03-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Yes it works, but u have to leave it un bolted to fit right.

K_Fulk
03-15-2004, 09:35 PM
I see your from ashland where do you usually ride? I ride with some people over there everyonce in awhile.

Your best bet is getting a 2001 rear raptor shock. There are quite a few people here that really like that setup.

roar
03-16-2004, 08:00 AM
I had heard that the raptor shock would work but a buddy of mine has a little shop outside of Ashland and had a couple of cr shocks . As far as where we ride at we usually go down to Perry and the ocssional Wayne trip. We also go to a few tracks that a couple of are buddies have built. But for the most part just on trails that we hav built around the farms we live on.

K_Fulk
03-16-2004, 08:20 AM
What shop?

roar
03-16-2004, 02:44 PM
The name of the shop is Hillis Cycle Center. He just opened up last summer. The owner is Jeff Hillis. He used to do some racing and stuff in his younger years. He is pretty knowledgable about bikes and knows quite abit about quads too.

K_Fulk
03-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Where is his shop at? I've heard of him but don't know who he is.

roar
03-16-2004, 06:46 PM
His shop is outside of Ashland off of 42. If you go out 42 towards west salem to co. rd. 601. Go right and it is on the right exactly 1 mile.
He is in the process of adding on to his shop at the monent. He is also the one who is supposed to be sponsering the fair race at Ashland Co. this year. A lot of people have heard of him because he is a really good mechanic,and use to be one of the fastest racers in are area. He had to give it up a couple of years ago due to injury. He can get anything you need and can fix just about anything. Also who do you ride with up here I might know them and becuase I work with some guys from Lucas at Mansfield Plumbing Products.

K_Fulk
03-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Did he shatter his leg or ankle or something i think i may have talked to to him at the richland county race. I dont get on that side of ashland much. I get good deals where i go but ill go check his shop out sometime.

roar
03-16-2004, 07:12 PM
I think he has broken a little bit of everything from time to time. The last time he tore his shoulder up pretty good. He is a fairly big guy and with a lot of weight coming down on it.

K_Fulk
03-16-2004, 07:16 PM
You work at mansfield. I used to work with robby barnett . Before he started working down there. I usually do most of my riding in johnsville or a couple of buddies around here farm's