PDA

View Full Version : XC race in Prophetstown, Illinois

HiperEX
03-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Whos going to it? the Race is this sunday, I will probably be there with a black le raptor with red flame and #5 rear number plate and prolly have some holeshot tires

aman
03-15-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm going.......takin a bunch of guys down. Should be at least 5 of us goin. Anyone else from the SW WI area headin down?

PATTE440
03-16-2004, 01:52 AM
hey give me some detail about the track and where it is at please i live in southern IL by Mt Vernon how far of a drive am i lookin at

400exmom
03-16-2004, 03:49 AM
a link would be great, then a chicy could get on B line:)

lshonda310
03-16-2004, 06:24 AM
What district is it? there is none listed for that on district 17 http://www.amadistrict17.com/services/2004schedule.html

HiperEX
03-16-2004, 07:44 AM
here is teh link http://unitedoffroadracing.com/ its in the midwest midwest schedule, also to find out your driving time and how to get there just look on mapquest.com

400exmom
03-16-2004, 07:55 AM
you just motivated me to go out in my garage and slap on my new rear hubs and new kenda's:D

HiperEX
03-16-2004, 02:46 PM
no problem i cant wait to race since i got bummed out at teh keithsburg harescramble so i traded teh shee in for a 4stroke

mmills023
03-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Are there directions to the track?

When is the quad race?

ANy more information? I looked on the UOFR website and it didnt elaborate too much.

Mike

400exmom
03-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by mmills023
Are there directions to the track?

When is the quad race?

ANy more information? I looked on the UOFR website and it didnt elaborate too much.

Mike Off-Road Racer Newsletter

The 2004 Series will be titled Parts Unlimited OMA (Off-Road Motorcycle and ATV Nationals). The OMA Nationals Series has a lot of support from our many sponsors, which will mean great things for our racers. Our Series will be advertised in Dirt Bike, Dirt Rider, Cycle News, and Cycle USA, along with event coverage and results. We are currently negotiating TV coverage on a motor sports program.
The best news for the Pro Class racers is the main focus of our series, a $20,000 Series purse paying $10,000 to our Series Champion, $5,000 to 2nd place, $2,500 to 3rd place, $1,000 to 4th place, $750 to 5th place, $500 to 6th place, $300 to 7th place, $200 to 8th, $150 to 9th, and $100 to 10th. Along with this a $1,500 to $2,500 event purse at each of the Series races.

Pro racers must display yellow numbers on blue backgrounds, and must be a member of UORRA (A $30 fee for the 2004 season). Membership and pre-entry forms are made available to you on this site. Numbers will be assigned and can be requested by calling UORRA at (815) 778-3641.

Amateur classes will receive throughout the Series $25,000 worth of sponsor's product awards. Pre-entries will once again receive free t-shirts.

All this is good, but for most off-road racers the best news may be the fact that UORRA does NOT own a bulldozer. We may be somewhat old fashioned, but believe cross-country means just that. We will be designing courses including some Moto-X tracks, some open grass tracks, and a good portion of m/c single track (to UORRA that means natural terrain that will challenge the best of riders). Most Series have abandoned these types of trails; we will continue to put the "COUNTRY" in the world of cross-country racing.

This Series has great sponsors, great challenging courses for cross country racers, and a great following of racers for the past 28 years. This is an invitation for you to be a part of the program in 2004. The best 7 of your finishes will determine your overall position in the series, both Pro and Amateur classes. Racers must race 5 of the events to be eligible for any series awards.

We will offer cross-country racers that enjoy the challenge of natural undisturbed terrain and opportunity to compete in a true cross-country adventure.

RACE PROMOTER
BILL GUSSE

call gussy~

Fred55
03-16-2004, 06:02 PM
So Kim, you are going now? I'll be there trying to beat ya :blah:

400exmom
03-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
So Kim, you are going now? I'll be there TRYING to beat ya :blah: ^key word*:devil:

i honestly wont know till sat.~:) i put on my new hubs today and im getting my new kenda's put on tommorow (thanks quadshop):D ohh yeah i better buy some oil just in case:o

ILGNCC400EX
03-16-2004, 06:27 PM
well kim we talked it over a little far for us.unless you know somebody that will give us a place to stay close.........;)

foxracingpredat
03-16-2004, 10:32 PM
i'll be there.. the MXC is a new series and is getting larger and larger and has some really nice tracks! I was at the last prophetstown, il race on feb, 29 and it was a pretty cool track.. it wasn't to hard but it just had alot of whoops, and a few tight turns by the finish line.. there also is some mud.the track is fairly easy to find, just get into prophetstown and follow the signs they have there.. i would expect the quads to start anytime from 2:30-4:00 depending on how fast they get the bike moving. ill be there with my black predator with elkas all around, hopefully ill see you there! also here are some pics i posted on here a couple weeks ago of the last race. just to show you what ur gonna be dealing with. any other questions just ask!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96357

400exmom
03-17-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
well kim we talked it over a little far for us.unless you know somebody that will give us a place to stay close.........;) danno you should know you and your family are welcome to stay at my home ANYtime~ after some thought last night im going to save up for the 1st district race next week instead~ good luck to everyone and be safe! dan just let me know:)

foxracingpredat
03-19-2004, 09:57 PM
any1 else going???

mmills023
03-20-2004, 07:35 AM
i was going to go...and still prob will, but the weather doesnt look favorable!!

foxracingpredat
03-28-2004, 12:03 PM
did anyone end up going to the MXC round 2 last week?
the weather and track were perfect!
i finished 9th in B after a crash one lap one that put me in dead dead last. ill get some pics up later tonight

foxracingpredat
03-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
The promotor of this series is a theif. Hem got kicked out of the WORSC seires for stealing money from one of its track/ promotor last fall.

who told u this? bill seems like a nice guy and the series is expanding to some nice tracks!

Big Show
08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
I am friends with promotor who he stole from. This guy reported this to worsc series last year. I am not talking a small amount.!!!!!!!!! He's not going back to this track/

Is that why he told people the OMA series was coming back to his worthless track? Because Gusse stole from him? Better get your facts straight 79400ex!

bansheexcracer2
08-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Bill is a great guy who puts on some awsome races.

XCRACER26
08-01-2006, 09:26 PM
i will go but, i have no money for the entry fee, and i need a new chain, any one want to donate to the help jake race fund. only reason i dont have money is because i havent been working do to a injury, long story short, handle bars, a crash, internal bleeding and a bruised small intestine. ANY ONE WANT TO HELP JAKE RACE?