PDA

View Full Version : Lectron carb

Pele05
03-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Does anyone out there have a lectron on there 400ex, just bought one off ebay, can I use the stock cable or do I need a special one?

hollywood43
03-16-2004, 07:41 AM
Chances are that you're going to need a special cable made up. I speak from experience on this one. I put a Lectron on my Tecate-4 and went out riding with my buddy. I adjusted everything so that it seemed like it would work. Well, it didn't. After about an hour of riding, the throttle stuck and it was a good thing that my friend heard me wind up, knew that it wasn't right and pulled aside on the trail. I screamed past him up the hill, jumped the top and went into the forest. I would have pulled my tether but I was too busy already holding on for my life. Do yourself a favor and contact Terrycable. They'll custom make one for you and it's not that bad of price. Safety first.

Also, if your Lectron wasn't being used on the same type of quad you might need to make some changes in the metering rod and power jet.

03-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Pele05
Does anyone out there have a lectron on there 400ex, just bought one off ebay, can I use the stock cable or do I need a special one?

You also have to move the entire airbox and boot forward about 1.5 inches, mount the carb in there at the 1:00 position and you also have to grind out the stop inside the throttle assembly to get the slide to fully open when pushing the throttle....:eek2: :eek2:

You also will need to clean the carb about once a month, buy longer over flow tubes, and plenty of beer because you'll need it when dealin with all the headaches this carb has to offer...:eek:

GOOD LUCK....:o

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Rico
You also have to move the entire airbox and boot forward about 1.5 inches, mount the carb in there at the 1:00 position and you also have to grind out the stop inside the throttle assembly to get the slide to fully open when pushing the throttle....:eek2: :eek2:

You also will need to clean the carb about once a month, buy longer over flow tubes, and plenty of beer because you'll need it when dealin with all the headaches this carb has to offer...:eek:

GOOD LUCK....:o

How bout you tell us how you really feel :p

hollywood43
03-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Definitely keep that thing clean! Otherwise your float will be sticking like mad. They're very tempermental.

03-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
How bout you tell us how you really feel :p

:D :D

My buddy had one of these and we spent more time gettin the POS to work at the tracks than we did riding....:mad:

Seen him wreck about 4 times also from it sticking WFO.. I have nothing good to say about it as you can tell....:o

bumpnzx3
03-16-2004, 11:13 AM
i just got off the phone with terry cable. if you call there and a girl answers the phone and she sounds like she is very hot- fight the temptation of talking to a hottie and hang up the phone or ask for "garry". i talked to this woman for 10 minutes about a 250x cable. she told me she had no listing for a 250x or 300ex by honda!!!! i tried everything to explain to her i know what i have and i know they are very common- so stinking common that the 300ex is still made (i dont know if they have the same cable- but i figured if she could find the 300ex the 250x would be listed right above it or right below it). finally after getting a headache and fighting telling her how we-tall-did she was- i asked to speak to someone else that might be able to help me- within 2 minutes i was able to speak to "gary"- told him what i had (250x with a lecton 36mm carb), told him what i wanted, had a total, as well as ship date. all was well. the standard black cable was $24.xx and the stainless braided cable was $32.xx. not too bad of a price for a custom made piece considering the local dealer wanted around $20 for a standard stock cable.

i love the idea of a woman that works at a shop like that- especially if she is a hottie- but for the love of pete- at least find one that knows what in the world she is talking about:D

hollywood43
03-16-2004, 11:16 AM
He, he -- yep, I forgot about her! I've ordered from them about 4 times an usually spoke to Gary. I'm happy that they were able to help you out.

MXQUAD294
03-16-2004, 05:26 PM
I run a Lectron on my 250X. I had to make a few minor adjustments to the metering rod when I first got it- nothing out of the ordinary. I clean and lube my slide about once a year or so. Overall I'm pleased with it. Go to www.lectronfuelsystems.com for detailed tuning instructions. Hope this helps.