PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Shocks

bugs415
03-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Ok im new here and need to pick everyones brains.Im going to but new shocks and i want to get good ones i will race some hairscrambles and fast trail riding with some dunes once or twice a year.I dont jump much but once in a while i suprise myself gettin some air(im a old fart):D .So let me know what everyone thinks....Chris

Berry
03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
with shocks it really depends on how much you pay, sort of you get what you pay for. Custom Axis are nice, but cost a pretty penny. Elka's are nice, and wont cost you an arm and leg. and if you just need somthing better than stock and on a tight budget, get Works. myself and many others like Elka, there top of the line, affordable yaddy yadda yadda....maybe try finding a nice set of used shocks. you really need too tell me what kind of quad you ride, what your budget is and maybe you know of a shock that you want or somthing? hope this helps

tstrenuous10
04-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Berry
with shocks it really depends on how much you pay, sort of you get what you pay for. Custom Axis are nice, but cost a pretty penny. Elka's are nice, and wont cost you an arm and leg. and if you just need somthing better than stock and on a tight budget, get Works. myself and many others like Elka, there top of the line, affordable yaddy yadda yadda....maybe try finding a nice set of used shocks. you really need too tell me what kind of quad you ride, what your budget is and maybe you know of a shock that you want or somthing? hope this helps

im kinda in the market for new shocks...actually, pretty much a whole front end. (shocks, wider a arms anti vibe stem and dampener) and my friend has works. why are elkas better then works? like what are some of the things elka does that works doesnt (compare them if you got time or feel like it). im not in a rush to get this stuff. one cuz of money and 2 cuz im movin soon and dont want to tear into it quite yet.