PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 660

Tacoma750
03-15-2004, 04:17 PM
im looking for a trails bike, but also something that i can use for like 25-30 foot table tops. I hear that the raptore is junk, and that they break. Can you guys tell me what you think about htem, what yeas are good, and if it would be a good quad for what i need it for. If it isnt the right quad for me, what would be the right quad? ps. I tend to travel through some muddy water thats around 1-2 feet deep.thx for the help.

Mr.Offroad
03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
You can break anything if you try hard enough. I've got friends that have broken their 400EX's and Z400's, too. But I wouldn't go so far as to call them junk. Jumping is hard on things. Period. I don't get big sky with my Raptor, but it jumps very smoothly, and that's with stock suspension. I'm sure there's better, and I know there's worse. But the powerhouse that is the Raptor is what brought me over from Honda to "The dark side", and I'm darn glad I went. Ride one yourself and see what you think. Don't listen to a bunch of narrow-minded nay-sayers.:rolleyes:

Matt756
03-15-2004, 06:17 PM
if u can adjust to the tippyness there are not all that bad of a quad everyone always dissin on them but i think half of them have never even rode one

HiperEX
03-15-2004, 07:05 PM
i just got a 03 le raptor its a nice quad and all but im wishing it was wider, but i like to get something i can put my money into making it better, they have awsome power and the reverse is nice to have if theres ever a time you need it. overall i say its a awsome quad 2 of my friends also have raps a 01 and 04 both never had any probs with tehres yet and either have I

sam the brave
03-15-2004, 07:37 PM
2001 rapror sucks they break alot my best friend had one and we barly erver rode cuz it was in the shop like every week
he sold it and got an 03 raptor and he has never had a problem with it

roar
03-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Two of my buddies have raptors and they have not had one bit of trouble with them. I think a lot of it is some of these guys don't belive in routine maintence and think the things should run forever with nothing done to them.

Matt756
03-16-2004, 11:43 AM
One person says a bad thing about it and everbody thinks there a bad quad they aint all that bad.

Tacoma750
03-16-2004, 01:13 PM
would you suggest getting one for trails?or would a warrior be better?

sam the brave
03-16-2004, 01:51 PM
i own a warrior and it is good for the trails a raptor is good too
so get what fells better to u

Mr.Offroad
03-16-2004, 09:09 PM
I own both a Raptor and a Warrior also. I must say, it depends how fast you want to go down the trails. Both machines fit on the trails nicely, but the Raptor has a way-fast reverse that you can tame by feathering the clutch. The Warrior has a reverse you can use in any gear, and it's appreciably slower, as you can let the clutch out, and still have to throttle on to move very fast. Prolly kinda depends on your skill level, too.