PDA

View Full Version : fenders

300extreme#8
03-15-2004, 03:11 PM
well i took to 2 outer bolts off the fenders to take the fenders off and the 2middles i'm havin problems trin to figure out how to take them off,how did yall take the 2 middle rivits or whatever you call them off so that u could take off the fenders,or should i just shave them but my parents would rather me take the fenders all the way off help pleae,i need the info quick i need to get ready for some races and need the fenders off really soon

300extreme#8
03-15-2004, 03:14 PM
and if i make it confusin i can go get some pics of what i'm talin bout bout but i need the info fast,i'll try to explain better there r 4 bolts or whatever holdin on the fender i unbolted the to bolts and the middle ones r the only ones left i got mad and tried at them with wire cutters but what do i need to do
thanks

Honda
03-15-2004, 03:20 PM
All you need is a drill and a drill bit. Find a bit the same size as the center of the rivet, drill the center of the rivet out. Remove fender.

;)

300extreme#8
03-15-2004, 03:37 PM
thanks

2004TRX450R
03-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Or just leave them on. I think they look dumb with the fender off or cut. You don't need to cut them or take them off for raceing.

Hammer trx450r
03-16-2004, 04:56 AM
yeah but i don't like all the warning labels on them. I cut mine everytime because (i feel) they 1. block my vision and 2. on real gusty days they are like wings. That is what I like but i DO get very muddy on wet days too which sucks. stricktly a MX thing i would think.

beard
03-16-2004, 05:08 AM
if you drill out the rivets can you still put the fenders back on. that would be nice race day off play time on.

2004TRX450R
03-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Ya you should be able to just drill out the rivets. You should be able to just bolt them back on if you want them too. I don't know what you are looking at for them to be in your line of sight but if you are MXing then you should be looking foreward not down at your wheels.

kgbg
03-16-2004, 09:04 AM
When you drill ou the rivets, hold them with a pair of pliers, so they don't spin and burn a hole itneh plastic.

Hammer trx450r
03-16-2004, 09:27 AM
cutting them off is my opinion!! i like to see my landing on big airs and i like to place my inside front tire at the apex while hanging off the seat, usually the fender is there so i cut it off!! I aint out there for no beauty contest!! And how does that powder coat help you? And who are you to tell almost every pro that has ever raced MX its dumb to cut your fenders? And how many times do i have to write "I feel" and "its my opinion" for you to shut the f*** up. I've been racing MX since 1986 and i don't need your lesson on how to ride MX now!

redrider410
03-16-2004, 11:59 AM
The only reason i wouldnt cut the fender is because of the mud races. Here i took first the 1st moto then at the line up of the 2nd moto, it started pouring rain. My buddy with a completely stock Z400 who took 6th the 1st moto putted through the mud kept his goggles on and won the 2nd moto, i was angrily gettting splashed with mud and trying to see :)

2004TRX450R
03-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
cutting them off is my opinion!! i like to see my landing on big airs and i like to place my inside front tire at the apex while hanging off the seat, usually the fender is there so i cut it off!! I aint out there for no beauty contest!! And how does that powder coat help you? And who are you to tell almost every pro that has ever raced MX its dumb to cut your fenders? And how many times do i have to write "I feel" and "its my opinion" for you to shut the f*** up. I've been racing MX since 1986 and i don't need your lesson on how to ride MX now!

Dude chill! I think they look dumb. Doesn't mean that other people don't like it. So grow up and quit getting your panties in a ruffle. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to race just don't see the point in it. If you are leaning off the side of the bike then you should be able to see the tires just fine. Also I never said anything about someone being dumb for doing it. Just i think it looks dumb. There wasn't hardly anyone at Washougal last weekend that had theirs cut off and there were some pretty fast guys there. People on this site need to grow up and learn to not take everyone's opinions' so personal.

Hammer trx450r
03-17-2004, 04:35 AM
hey i gotta apologize, yesterday someone threw a brick through my rear hatch window of my Tahoe that was out for sale. Needless to say i cant get another one!! That was going to be 10 grand for me to set up my quad. Where did I say fast guys have to cut there fenders? The older quads front fenders weren't so pleasing so everyone cut them off so i dont feel right unless they are gone( again i'll write MY OPINION) To me i take alot of pride in shaping my fenders. Its like my signiture. Did i say "I think powdercoated frames are dumb because you shouldn't be looking down at your bike" If we were in my garage and you said that to me id open a can if ya know what i mean. :D

2004TRX450R
03-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey it's all good man. I understand. And I'm not looking at my frame when when I ride, just the rest of the guys behind me!:D I just figured I'd give them something purdy to look at while they are bach there!:D I like my stuff to be a bit different than everyone elses and I like to have it look cool and I'd be willing to bet I've got the only 450R with that color on the frame.:D In anywich case to each his own. I don't like bobed fenders probably largely because of all the hack jobs I've seen at the dunes. But hey if that's what you are into go for it and I'll have my frame powdercoated. Apology accepted!

cgmxer115
03-17-2004, 08:22 PM
I took my fenders off, in the spot where the rivets where, i drilled bigger and put in some of those "push in black buttons" like the ones that hold on the tank cover from my old 400ex , they were off for the mx stuff and i put them back on last week for some muddy trail riding , this week back off for more mx. Takes about 5 mins to change and i keep the fenders in my gear bag, but i gotta warn ya, most people complain its ugly with them off:rolleyes: , i dont care how it looks when i am on the track NO FENDERS unless its muddy...gotta see the wheels