PDA

View Full Version : removed baffle and end cap vs. e-series?

03-07-2002, 12:55 PM
hey,
I removed my baffle and end cap today and rode a while and i t seemed like a small loss or no difference. I didnt like the sound of the baffle and was wondering how this compares to a e-series. Is the e-series quieter than this set up? I thought that it was too loud like this. I was just wondering how the e-series compared( tone, DB, power)?
Thanks
Jon

400exdad
03-07-2002, 12:57 PM
I think the stock exhaust sounds stupid without the arrestor in it. Just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions..:D

Scott
03-07-2002, 01:03 PM
One of my friends took the baffle out of his stock muffler on his 400, at the same time my cousin put an E series on his 400. The E series was definitely louder. Now since it wasn't my machine, I can't say as far as power, but the stocker will carry the front wheels through 1st and 2nd gear and the settles back down in 3rd. Other than the raz'rs and baffle, it's completely stock. Didn't seem to be lacking any power as I watched him ride away from me on my 300.

03-07-2002, 01:07 PM
:devil The E-series is the way to go. I just put one on my 400 and the results where immediatly noticed. I put a 165 main jet in and lowered the needle one notch and it really made a huge differance. The sound is great. Its real throaty.:huh

JB's 400ex
03-07-2002, 01:17 PM
I recently put an e-series on. I originally was going to go with the Megamax but after doing extensive research I found the E-series consistantly ranked highest in after market exhaust overall. After putting it on, it has a good sound and noticable low end throttle response. As for solid horsepower numbers I can't say but in most magazine it usually will get you at least a couple extra horsepower.